GM Build Quality Strikes Again

fbc

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
2006 MY07 Astra SRi Turbo
Firstly - :lmao:

Secondly - How long before this thread disintegrates into that conversation again? :wall:

fbc

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
2006 MY07 Astra SRi Turbo
^ It was the roof panel (or at least it's where the roof panel used to be)

GraemeH

Car(s)
Toyota Corolla, Lexus IS200, BMW E39 5 Series.
Well, it happens, let's be fair. I know of a Koenigsegg roof that came off at high speed (causing the Carerra GT that was racing it to crash and kill the driver, actually).

Still, the guy was only doing 60?

thedguy

rides with Rebecca Black.. in the back
Car(s)
(OO=[][]=OO)
jetsetter said:
Figures that you had to post photos. Still doesn't change my opinion about the car.
WTF? Me? You obviously have no clue about me. I'm the Resident Vette Defender. But I'm also not going to let it be believed I sack ride the car.

You've seen 1 SARCASTIC post I made about the car and you act as if you've known me forever. Use the forum search function, and look at my posts, you'll see you have the exact OPPOSITE idea about me.

TC

aka TomCat
It must of been damaged somehow. And after 2000miles of rattling around, some air must of got under it... and it took flight.

thedguy

rides with Rebecca Black.. in the back
Car(s)
(OO=[][]=OO)
GraemeH said:
Well, it happens, let's be fair. I know of a Koenigsegg roof that came off at high speed (causing the Carerra GT that was racing it to crash and kill the driver, actually).

Still, the guy was only doing 60?
The difference on those cars is they have removable tops, the z06 doesn't. Some UAW worker must have felt that $30/hour wasn't enough to make sure those rivets were fastened properly.*

*I'm aware the panel of the roof itself failed and not the adhesive or fastening system failed.

zeoniks

Car(s)
2007 Nissan Murano
Hmm... I have always wondered what's right underneath the roof of a Z06. A can of fiberglass resin will fix that right up.

xtasy127

Car(s)
06 350z (sold), tb evo ix
that really sucks dude...wonder if the roof hit anyone :D

patrick10

Car(s)
s13 and a beater daily
Salar said:
jetsetter said:
Figures that you had to post photos. Still doesn't change my opinion about the car.
Too biased that you don't even wanna see it...

Have a cookie.
but dude the z06 is still a bad ass car... 505 hp in a lightweight package that costs less than most modern supecars....