Autoblog: GM: "Green" Motors? Possible logo change in the works

Oh yes, I'll buy your inferior cars which are still less "environmentally friendly" than their counterparts, because I feel more eco-friendly, because your logo is.... green.

Seriously, when does your average GM car buyer even see the GM logo? It's always the specific brand's. There are exactly 0 cars with a GM badge.

Seriously, when does your average GM car buyer even see the GM logo? It's always the specific brand's. There are exactly 0 cars with a GM badge.

You do know that starting about three or four years ago, they started putting GM badges on the fenders of every car GM sells in America, right?

GM started sticking little logo badges on the lower door corners for some "brand unity." Mercifully, they can be easily removed.

2883402254_afffdc7c93.jpg

Edit: thanks for beating me to it, guys. <_<

You do know that starting about three or four years ago, they started putting GM badges on the fenders of every car GM sells in America, right?

See how successful that campaign was.

See how successful that campaign was.

It was pretty pathetic to start with. :p

GM started sticking little logo badges on the lower door corners for some "brand unity." Mercifully, they can be easily removed.

2883402254_afffdc7c93.jpg

Edit: thanks for beating me to it, guys. <_<

I prefer thinking of it as the warning label. "Warning - in case you didn't know, this car is a GM, look out!"

Also, back in the 80s and 90s, all the seat belt release buttons in GM products were little GM logos. And to this day it's still on most GM keys.

Last edited:
They are cute badges, though. Some people call them "chiclets." :happy:

But in an opportune bit of foreshadowing, British Leyland did the exact same thing:

517px-British_Leyland_Badge_2.jpg

Yeah. Which is why I came up with this logo when GM started doing that a few years back:

NewGMLogo.jpg

Yeah. Which is why I came up with this logo when GM started doing that a few years back:

NewGMLogo.jpg

I've been meaning to Photoshop the two logos together like that, but I've been too lazy. Thanks for doing all the work for me, +1 all around. :mrgreen:

Oh, and the ironic follow-up to victor's post is, even if GM changes the color of their logo and keeps putting those asinine badges on all their cars, the badges themselves are silver anyway, so it wouldn't make a rat's ass of a difference!

Last edited:
Read your rep - if you really want a shirt with that on it, I'll clean up the logo and then set it up in a CafePress shop.