Autoblog: GM: "Green" Motors? Possible logo change in the works

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/09/the-greenwash-to-end-all-greenwashing-gm-reportedly-pondering-c/

gm-green-logo-morath.jpg

General Motors has certainly been pumping out a greener message for the last few years, but, on the eve of its likely emergence from bankruptcy, it looks like it might be ridiculously difficult to miss the company's shift to a new and very public eco-mindset: The General's traditional blue square logo could become green. No, really.

While no official decision has not yet been made, insiders are saying that the background color change is being considered, "in an effort to show consumers that it is leaner and greener, more focused on fuel efficiency and better able to make quick decisions," says MSNBC.

The fuel efficiency meaning of a possible new green logo is easy to understand and the "quick decisions" part reflects a new GM that will likely have 35 percent fewer executives to go along with fewer employees overall. More announcements on these issues and the fate of the Spark minicar could come tomorrow, when GM is expected to emerge from bankruptcy.

The real color change that GM needs to make, of course, is a shift from red to black ? but that's significantly harder than swapping pixels in a logo.

Actually, I think this is what they are shooting for, but close enough.

2vay4qx.jpg

Also might I point out that blue (referring to German BlueTec diesels) is greener than green.

Last edited:
I love the new move GM is going for. The world needs more green douchebags. There is not nearly enough in California yet.

I think this is what they were really going for:

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blaro/2009/07/09/gm.jpg

GM need a new logo though, the current one reeks of cluelessness and inefficiency.

GM need a new logo though, the current one reeks of cluelessness and inefficiency.

This. I would not change the color, though, rather keep the blue-and-silver scheme and go for a new design.

I think this is what they were really going for:

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blaro/2009/07/09/gm.jpg

Needs a kitten.

:D

Oh FFS how much that going to cost?

They should be pulling up the draw bridge and NOT spending on anything that is not completely essential and this is not essential.

Have they got shot of those stupid planes yet?

Ummm, yeah. They need to stop smoking wahtever it is or just pull their heads out of their asses and do something else because this little PR move is not going to help them sell cars that they couldn't sell before.

small wonder they eliminated Pontiac if they are doing descicions like this

Have they got shot of those stupid planes yet?

Corporate Jets make sense for a global company that doesn't have it's nose to the ass of a "green" government. Besides, big corporations ditching corporate jets is the exact reason why I haven't been able to get a job suitable to my degree. That and military cut backs.

As for GreenM, this just goes to show that whoever is in charge of the big switch is clueless.

MJ.jpg

:dunno:

A green logo sounds silly, but...

There was a Ford Escape Hybrid commercial with Kermit the Frog talking about how it "is easy being 'green'" and while the commercial was dumb, at the end, they did a sort of cross wipe effect where the Ford blue ovel turned green...and I thought it looked great, and that they should have done it on all of their Hybrids. Weather I think they are a good idea or not doesn't matter, the green oval would be a great marketing idea.

They should have a rainbow background instead.

A green logo sounds silly, but...

There was a Ford Escape Hybrid commercial with Kermit the Frog talking about how it "is easy being 'green'" and while the commercial was dumb, at the end, they did a sort of cross wipe effect where the Ford blue ovel turned green...and I thought it looked great, and that they should have done it on all of their Hybrids. Weather I think they are a good idea or not doesn't matter, the green oval would be a great marketing idea.

Lexus does that... on their hybrids the Lexus L has a blue tint to it if you look close.

What can I say about the GM logo... really didn't like it before, the green ain't helping either.