GM - Our Electric Future is... we're going to show you...in just a bit...

I imagine that car companies will go full electric before government mandates.
Norway said they want to ban all new non EVs (even hybrids) by 2025, UK said same for 2035 so idk...
Let's face it if you live on Manhattan and you own a car it's probably kept at your second house.
I know a decent number of people who live in Manhattan and street park.
If you live on Staten Island, you probably hate your life
You ain't wrong lol, I been hating Brooklyn as of late...

Norway said they want to ban all new non EVs (even hybrids) by 2025, UK said same for 2035 so idk...

I think for Norway EVs have already over taken new car sales. From a national policy stand point its easier to just switch over than maintenance of both systems. It's a third of the population owning a car bought an EV not just of car buyers. Norway is importing all these cars anyways I'm sure if you had some money there's a way you could import an exotic ICE.

I think for Norway EVs have already over taken new car sales. From a national policy stand point its easier to just switch over than maintenance of both systems. It's a third of the population owning a car bought an EV not just of car buyers. Norway is importing all these cars anyways I'm sure if you had some money there's a way you could import an exotic ICE.
Yeah they have a lot EVs but that is mainly due to not taxing them like they do with ICE cars. However they did say already that they will be changing that.

So I just think that it would depend on how little I was impacted by owning any car if I were in some places. I lived in White Plains I drove my car like three times then. If I had stayed their I think I'd have sold my car especially with Uber and Car2Go around. Especially with new autonomous vehicles I don't know if I'd drive.

So I just think that it would depend on how little I was impacted by owning any car if I were in some places. I lived in White Plains I drove my car like three times then. If I had stayed their I think I'd have sold my car especially with Uber and Car2Go around. Especially with new autonomous vehicles I don't know if I'd drive.
Sure but that depends on your use cases a lot, while I freely admit the Mustang is a toy, Xterra is very much a necessity for me because of the kids.

Relevant:

Xterra is very much a necessity for me because of the kids.

Yeah, I'm not going to get any of those.

Relevant:

I do feel that GM could look at that and see what they should address. Did they? No idea. Their Wall Street meeting was so important to share because we're not going to share this with our shareholders because our plans are sensitive.

Yeah, I'm not going to get any of those.
Yeah bit hard for ya (unless you adopt I guess).
I do feel that GM could look at that and see what they should address. Did they? No idea.
Yeah I hadn’t even thought of that, everyone who is coming in behind Tesla has a huge advantage of knowing what works and what doesn’t.

That's not a given at all.
Example of known common issues with Teslas:
Early S drive units.
CV joints on X
Battery coolant leakages on the X
SSDs wearing out due to overlogging causing cars to stop working
Sensors/doorhandles failing on X
Doors rusting on X because they cover the drain hole with weather stripping
Screens failing on all Teslas because they are not automotive grade

That's a significantly longer list of common issues than for BOTH my ICE cars combined.

I'm not defending EV:s, but most of those problems are down to Tesla simply having shoddy build quality. They're not EV related.

It appears that the Hummer will have some form of 4 wheel steering.

That should help in the parking lots at the mall, right?

^ well now that's interesting not so much that it has im guessing four motors but that it has control of all wheels omni directionaly