Autoblog: GM Performance Parts to offer new Camaro Body

What are you saying, that people would rather campaign used cars? Or that a brand new $7,000 chassis is cost prohibitive? I'm not getting on you, I just want to clarify.

Sorry, you said it was unlikely for Dodge to get into it (because of economic reasons?) and I'm saying it wouldn't cost that much. I only reference the used chassis as basic values for cars to illustrate the relatively low cost of the series. You can run a Koni team for under 100 grand per year barring things like crashes and... transporter fires. Besides, there aren't any factory teams in Koni anyways. So the manufacturers would only gain from selling to customers.

Think about it this way... you get the benifits of an american muscle car, without all the follies of the UAW. HOORAY!

Sorry, you said it was unlikely for Dodge to get into it (because of economic reasons?) and I'm saying it wouldn't cost that much. I only reference the used chassis as basic values for cars to illustrate the relatively low cost of the series. You can run a Koni team for under 100 grand per year barring things like crashes and... transporter fires. Besides, there aren't any factory teams in Koni anyways. So the manufacturers would only gain from selling to customers.
That makes sense then. They should be able to supply Challengers like GM is supplying Camaros and let the teams take care of the rest. Obviously GM considers this to be a cost-effective way of advertising, maybe they even turn a little profit on it. Hopefully Dodge will take a look at a similar program. Are factory teams not allowed in the Koni Challenge or are there just not any? I've only just started trying to follow the series.

Think about it this way... you get the benifits of an american muscle car, without all the follies of the UAW. HOORAY!
:lmao:

In other words, if there's a ham sandwich in your fender well it's your own damn fault!

Are factory teams not allowed in the Koni Challenge or are there just not any? I've only just started trying to follow the series.

I don't think they're allowed but I'm not sure. Koni is the official feeder series to Grand Am which is then the unofficial feeder to ALMS. That's the path I want to take anyway. Besides, even if they were allowed I doubt you'd see them. They'd still all be in Grand Am and ALMS.

Buy the body and buy a used Monaro... strip the Monaro, fit the running gear to the body and it'll save you thousands. :D