gm trademarks Electra

GRtak

Forum Addict
"GM trademarks 'Buick Electra' ... again."

I'm surprised it took them this long.

On the other hand, they held off on using it until the car had a chance to actually be...not complete dogshit.
Yeah, that’s what was thinking. Gotta give them that, showed a bit of restraint at least!

"What's restraint?" - Dodge (does a massive burnout, disappearing in a cloud of tire smoke before breaking down around the corner)

"What's restraint?" - Dodge (does a massive burnout, disappearing in a cloud of tire smoke before breaking down around the corner)

Does that mean it’s easier to run from the cops?

It took them long enough to trademark the name.

It took them long enough to trademark the name.
I have to assume there's a way their legal teams could navigate around it, but if you register a trademark, you have to use it within a relatively short amount of time, and show a bona fide intent to use it. If you don't, you lose it.

Last edited:
I have to assume there's a way their legal teams could navigate around it, but if you register a trademark, you have to use it within a relatively short amount of time, and show a bona fide intent to use it. If you don't, you lose it.
This. You have to show commercial intent to use the trademark, this prevents people from "patent trolling" trademarks.

Last edited: