GM's answer to the Raptor/PowerWagon

Looks like a block of meh.

*laughs* There's one orange with splash graphics one around here. Rolls over curbs like they aren't there. :p

You see that's......, euhrmm, that wasen't realy the point :p

I have to give GM kudos for trying, but as a concept it doesn't hit the mark and a production model would be even worse. Anything Ford's SVT releases is always full of win and GM just doesn't seem to have the ability to compete. Just like with the first F150 Lightning, SVT made a full-size truck handle almost as well as a Mustang Cobra and the last generation had an engine that ended up in the Ford GT... all GM did to "compete" was release the 454 SS which was just the biggest engine they had in a 1500 with black paint and chrome wheels.

If I had the money, it would be Raptor any day of the week.

Last edited:
All I can say is AMERICA, F**K YEAH.

Don't want.

I stand corrected. Thanks.

Neither generation lightning came with a manual. However, the first gen would pull .94 on the skidpad...at a time where Ferrari's might not even pull that high. In a pick-up!

Neither generation lightning came with a manual. However, the first gen would pull .94 on the skidpad...at a time where Ferrari's might not even pull that high. In a pick-up!

That's pretty cool, sux that its auto only guess I'm down to Stang GT or the S4 for the next vehicle (yes hell of a choice but I got an auto and tired of it)

I'm sure you could swap a manual into a lightning pretty easily though.

Just did a quick search. The reason (according to some) that the Lightning come with a manual was because at the time Ford did not have a transmission that could take the power/torque/weight of the truck.

Last edited:
I'm sure you could swap a manual into a lightning pretty easily though.

Just did a quick search. The reason (according to some) that the Lightning come with a manual was because at the time Ford did not have a transmission that could take the power/torque/weight of the truck.
Ford GT tranny swap? :p

Good job GM for being completely worthless...again. This is ugly, retarded and useless. Pit these two (Raptor and this) against each other in the Mojave and lets see who really gets the job done. And a Diesel engine? :yuck: Should of used a tuned or supercharged LSx engine. At least then it would sound cool. On a positive note, I DO love the wheels and tires. I do have to give it that. Still...the Raptor is all around better.

Good job GM for being completely worthless...again. This is ugly, retarded and useless. Pit these two (Raptor and this) against each other in the Mojave and lets see who really gets the job done. And a Diesel engine? :yuck: Should of used a tuned or supercharged LSx engine. At least then it would sound cool. On a positive note, I DO love the wheels and tires. I do have to give it that. Still...the Raptor is all around better.

Now tell us how you really feel.

Depends on the challenge. Load each of them with several tons of cargo, then we'll see who wins.

I don't think this was ever meant to be a desert racer. Maybe a fusion between a rock scrambler and a muscle truck, but nothing about this suggests it was ever meant for desert racing. So of course it's going to lose a race in a desert to a truck specifically built for desert racing.

I'd like to see more trucks with Rambox-style box "saddles". My dad's 2010 has them and they're unbelievably useful.
Lots of truck had integrated bed-boxes ... 30-40 years ago. Seems like they completely disappeared as an option for the last couple decades though.

well I, for one, like it. Its a duramax truck that comes stock with 35" tires, what's not to like??
Initially I was going to defend it too, but the more I look at it the more I think "production bro-truck". Crew cab? Check. Leather interior? Check. Big tacky chrome wheels? Check. Unnecessarily wide mall-terrain tires? Check. Their advertising isn't helping things at all. This is supposed to be bad ass off-road? Then get some shots of it off-road. You can't take a vehicle that shiny seriously.

The Power Wagon is a work truck. The Raptor is a play truck. This is a bro truck. They'll sell millions.

Last edited: