God damn you BBC legal department!

Status
Not open for further replies.
raheel_qamar said:
I CAN'T STOP NOTICING THAT NONE OF THESE GUYS (NEW ONES) HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUMS.....ONLY WHEN THE DOWNLOADS ARE GONE THEY POST.....

HAPPENED LAST TIME TOO..... 16 PAGES OF SHIT.... WE NEED A SOLUTION NOT SYMPATHIES.....

NO OFFENCE ANYONE.... DON'T TAKE ME HARD... I KNOW WE ALL LOVE OUR TOPGEAR......

That's fine raheel, if they don't want to post, don't make them, then the forum fills up with spam. Besides, since it's torrent system it doesn't slow anything with another person on, since they must upload to download :)

wow page 17.. so what's up?

:lol:

I see alot of folks is calling Sweden the safe place, and you guys are totaly right here in Sweden a torrent tracker is not illegal.
Alot of people got afriad when piratebay went ofline for upgrades (some people was realy afraid there for a time that the worlds biggest tracer whould never return)
but they are back online whit a new design.

the problem here in Sweden is that a new law is soon in affect here and then it may be illegal. But noone realy knows :)

But if we only nead a tracker the pirat bay works great.
If I am not mistaken it is public for anyone to uppload a torrent and after like 20 min we whould have alot of swedish seeaders.
Remember that in Sweden 10mbit upload is almost a standard in the citys so greate speeds are to be expected :)

Re: God damn you BBC legal department!

BBC Stupid Team said:
Brand Protection Department
BBC Worldwide Limited
80 Wood Lane
London,
W12 0TT
UK

To:
Everyones Internet Inc
2600 Southwest Freeway
Suite 500
Houston
TX 77098
USA
By email to dmca@ev1.net

Date: May 27th 2005

RE: Copyright Infringement.

This notice complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. ?512(c)(3))

blah blah blah...

http://www.finalgear.com/downloads/topgear/6/1/

blah blah blah...

Brand Protection
BBC Worldwide Ltd ? London - UK
March 27th 2005
e-m: antipiracy@bbc.co.uk

Did that link exist on March 27th 2005?

P.D: If it was posted before, please delete it

Welcome to Latvia! It's still a safe place from Copyright law and some episodes wouldn't be problem at all. :thumbsup:

Dr. Mike said:
So I've been reading this site for awhile now but I haven't really needed a reason to post until now.

Just making sure, has everyone here already filed a complaint with BBC? I'm assuming since this thread is so long that it was mentioned in the first few pages, but if not then go here - www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/make_complaint.shtml

I don't understand what BBC's motivation would be for cutting off the entire American fanbase. Do they want us to hate them?

Complaining that they won't let us do illegal things with their property. Yeah I see how far that will get us. Thats like fighting with a police officer for giving you a ticket for doing 80 in a 55, with the argument that you were doing 90... Registering complaints and e-mailing them is useless as we were technically in the wrong here (it's their property and they can do what they want).

It's more likely that it wasn't anything specific to Top Gear, its probably they have to protect all of their properties, so they don't set a precedent of overlooking piracy that could come back and bite them on other properties, like EastEnders and The Office, which they currently offer DVD versions of. The problem I seem to see with it recently, is the larger number of downloads of Top Gear. Had this site not distributed a couple thousand copies of Top Gear, it would be easier for the powers that be to overlook the site, and only if cited as precedent, then shut it down.

Gulf said:
Did that link exist on March 27th 2005?

P.D: If it was posted before, please delete it

Yes, this was pointed out, but check the top date on the letter:
Date: May 27th 2005

the March date must have been a typo

hokiethang said:
Had this site not distributed a couple thousand copies of Top Gear, it would be easier for the powers that be to overlook the site, and only if cited as precedent, then shut it down.

Well, if you really think about it, this site didn't distribute the episodes. It just pointed people in the right direction so that they could then download the file via other internet users through bittorrent.

Noooooooooooo, I mean this site help get more people to watch top gear.

jeffy777 said:
hokiethang said:
Had this site not distributed a couple thousand copies of Top Gear, it would be easier for the powers that be to overlook the site, and only if cited as precedent, then shut it down.

Well, if you really think about it, this site didn't distribute the episodes. It just pointed people in the right direction so that they could then download the file via other internet users through bittorrent.

Ok, I probably should have said facilitated the distribution of a couple thousand copies.

I also agree the date is likely a typo.

gtrietsc said:
I must say, I would gladly pay a subscription fee to the BBC for VUK-quality rips of Top Gear, as long as it is fair. If a British TV license is 120 Pounds a year for all of their programming, Top Gear should not cost more than 5 Pounds/year. I'd pay that in a heartbeat.

You hear that, content industry? Give the people the content the way they want it, for an equitable price, and they will beat a path to your door.

Completely agree!! I would have zero problems paying the BBC a monthly/yearly/per epp subscription fee even if it totaled $217USD yearly ($120GBP converted) for a show I would otherwise never get to see. Even if they released a season on DVD's via their store I'd gladdly pay the fee/shipping.

So are these the prospective solutions?

1 Ask BBC to ignore us - very unlikely
2 Get someone to host it who lives in a backward country - who?
3 Post the torrent links on mininova - temporary solution for now...

This right?

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
So are these the prospective solutions?

1 Ask BBC to ignore us - very unlikely
2 Get someone to host it who lives in a backward country - who?
3 Post the torrent links on mininova - temporary solution for now...

This right?

I think that sums it up, and it looks like #3 is the way to go.

Well, paying for the episodes would solve the problem for some people, but not for all. In plain English I could not afford it to pay that kind of cash no mater how much I love/need it. 200 something $ is a 2 mounts pay check where I live :(. And it’s not even sure it would be about that much. Take 5th gear for example: on they’re official web site you can download only parts of the show, namely the review of the car but nothing in between, and that at 1.5 pounds (what is that …2.5 – 3 $ ?) per reviewed car !!! Now, consider that Top Gear in 1 hour long in contrast to 5th Gear’s 30 min, so there are more car tests per show, therefore a lot more to charge for. So, just in case someone from BBC is actually reading this topic (hope not), let’s not encourage them to charge us for this.
I guess what I’m saying is that I would really be glad to see that this could work out by us finding a way to keep downloading the episodes the we did ‘till now, and I’m sure no one else would mind not heaving to pay for it as well.

logo said:
wow page 17.. so what's up?

:lol:

Dunno 22k views and a billion posts...how about you? :lol:

:shock: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.