Going to Japan for car/bike shopping

Censport

Car(s)
Xterra, '63 Corvair, '06 Yamaha FZ6
?????????????

I'll be spending most of September in Japan. The first week on Hokkaido (for my camping gear business), and the remaining two weeks will be spent in Tokyo. While there, the director of the car/bike/etc. museum I work at wants me to shop for some cars and bikes for the collection. He hasn't given me his shopping list yet, but I already said I wanted a Be-1, and he agreed.

Just wondering if anyone living in Japan can recommend some good ways to find interesting cars, other than the dealers who advertise in Nostalgic Hero. I'll be looking for parts as well.

And if you have any companies you prefer to use for shipping, I'm eager to hear those recommendations as well. ???????

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and my own '88 Civic DX hatchback is for sale, in case you know anyone looking.

Censport: Dr_Grip's girlfriend is camping out in Memphis for some months and per Random Thoughts Auto, she might be interested in the Civic.

Bring back a CBR250RR and a VFR400. :D

Last edited:
Mazda AZ-1!

Oh, yeah, forgot. Censport, if you want a Nissan Figaro, don't bother bringing one back from Japan as there are several already here in Texas and some are for sale.

Oh, yeah, forgot. Censport, if you want a Nissan Figaro, don't bother bringing one back from Japan as there are several already here in Texas and some are for sale.

We've already got one, thanks. And a Pao, and an S-Cargo. The Be-1 will complete our Pike collection.

If you can find a Mugen rear spoiler for a first gen Integra for a decent price, let me know.

You guys have a first gen Mazda Cosmo 110? If not, then you should get one! Also a 3rd gen Cosmo!

You guys have a first gen Mazda Cosmo 110? If not, then you should get one! Also a 3rd gen Cosmo!

Yeah, either of those would be fine with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting. We have a (water-cooled) Panda 4x4. It's right-hand-drive, as we got it through a friend in Ireland. All of our modern Fiats are rhd, as we get them all through him.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:

Seconded on the CBR250RR and VFR400. An RC30 would be nice, too. Also, B22 Impreza :D

RC30... yummmmm...

Interesting. We have a (water-cooled) Panda 4x4. It's right-hand-drive, as we got it through a friend in Ireland. All of our modern Fiats are rhd, as we get them all through him.

:|

We need Panda pics. :p

Do you guys already have a Suzuki Cappucino? I always thought they were pretty awesome.

No Cappucino... yet... but we do have a Honda Beat.

As a reminder, I'm looking for recommendations for locating & shipping cars & bikes.