Going to the recordings

RichW

Something occured to me whilst watching the show recently.

If you go to the recording. All you get to see is the News section and the guest interview. Everything else is recorded before hand. Some items months beforehand. We get the news (and uncut) a few days later on TG.com and as most people agree, SIARPC is the weakest part so unless you're really lucky with the guest thats going to be fairly dull too.

Im sure some would "like to be on the Telly" But if you arent photogenic they wont let you get in shot.

Wheres the point? To endorse celebrity presenters?

If you go to the recording. All you get to see is the News section and the guest interview. Everything else is recorded before hand. Some items months beforehand. We get the news (and uncut) a few days later on TG.com and as most people agree, SIARPC is the weakest part so unless you're really lucky with the guest thats going to be fairly dull too.

Im sure some would "like to be on the Telly" But if you arent photogenic they wont let you get in shot.

WRONG!!!

Actually you get to see all the films that are broadcast in order to be able to react to them, and they usually need a few goes at each studio bit so there are huge opportunities to laugh at them fuck it up repeatedly. The SIARPC interview lasts at least twice as long as what we see on the Sunday edit and may include a few bits unsuitable for broadcast ('though not in our case as we got David Dumbledore or whatever his name is) and there is quite a big build up where they show you other outtakes and fuck about and swear a lot. And you get to watch Hammond disappear under an ever-growing pile of girlies who wub him!!!

It's a good day out and highly recommended if you are lucky enough to get tickets. Hoping to get lucky with another pair really soon.

PS It's been a few years so I can only base my comments on personal experience. If I am wrong or things have changed and you have been more recently please feel free to correct me.

Last edited:
I know I'd be willing to travel to the UK just for the Top Gear recording!

WRONG!!!

Actually you get to see all the films that are broadcast in order to be able to react to them, and they usually need a few goes at each studio bit so there are huge opportunities to laugh at them fuck it up repeatedly. The SIARPC interview lasts at least twice as long as what we see on the Sunday edit and may include a few bits unsuitable for broadcast ('though not in our case as we got David Dumbledore or whatever his name is) and there is quite a big build up where they show you other outtakes and fuck about and swear a lot. And you get to watch Hammond disappear under an ever-growing pile of girlies who wub him!!!

It's a good day out and highly recommended if you are lucky enough to get tickets. Hoping to get lucky with another pair really soon.

PS It's been a few years so I can only base my comments on personal experience. If I am wrong or things have changed and you have been more recently please feel free to correct me.

Wow, so you get to see the pre-recorded parts 3 days earlier! And told to applaud on command by a director. Oh thats soo worth it!
Double wow. You get to hear people screw up their lines and swear. oooohh the excitement must be difficult to manage. Men swearing. So cool these days.
Oh and Hammond gets sex-pested.

Not really selling it to me :lol:

Wow, so you get to see the pre-recorded parts 3 days earlier! And told to applaud on command by a director. Oh thats soo worth it!
Double wow. You get to hear people screw up their lines and swear. oooohh the excitement must be difficult to manage. Men swearing. So cool these days.

Well when you put it like that I suppose it's down to whatever floats your boat I guess. I'm glad I went, glad to be able to say I went, would go again and had a great time. We met some really great people too. I don't mean the TV people just other regular folk with a shared interest and fortunately for us none of them were sarcastic bastards from Croydon! :p

See that red square by your name?

Means you're a cockface. :cool:

why do people keep coming on this forum when actually, they belong somewhere on the website of a garden program....

WRONG!!!

I would also mention the uncut news that is shown on the website is still cut, you get to see how your favourite tv show is made and, if you are lucky, have a chat with the people who make the show. Oh and drive on the roods around dunsfold thinking - "oo I remember this from such and such a car test

And the other week you had a chance to get a cup of tea poured (rather badly) by James May!

If none of that interests you, stick to watching on the telly and criticising those of us who like to get out in the outside world occasionally :p

Can I have your tickets, then? :mrgreen: