Rumour Mill: Good news, everyone! It's the new Dacia MPV - Project J92!

Dacia-Lodgy.1.jpg

Dacia-Lodgy.2.jpg

That looks pretty handsome. If mpv prices in Europe are like they are here, then a less expensive alternative would probably be well received.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

They stopped selling the roomster? i mean I guess it's time for an update...
Nope but nobody buys it in MPV-trim.

That looks pretty handsome. If mpv prices in Europe are like they are here, then a less expensive alternative would probably be well received.

Sent from my Douchebag using Tapdance
You can get a Renault Grand Scenic which is also 4,5 meters in poverty spec for something like twenty-eight thousand dollares. The Lodgy has a silly name but it doesnt look half bad. Lodgy sounds like a Czechoslovakian prime minister.

You can get a Renault Grand Scenic which is also 4,5 meters in poverty spec for something like twenty-eight thousand dollares. The Lodgy has a silly name but it doesnt look half bad. Lodgy sounds like a Czechoslovakian prime minister.

Hey now! I reformatted this thing, at least give me a free pass this time XD

I realized shortly after posting that, that one can get a very well equipped caravan AVP for 21k. Mazda 5 for 3k less.

Still more options would be nice. :nod:

Edit: I thought there was a I in the name, instead of lodgy it was lodigy...like prodigy. Lodgy is kinda weird I admit.

Last edited:
Looks like a combination of a Totoro cat bus and a Scenic.

Hey now! I reformatted this thing, at least give me a free pass this time XD

Take this:

Rumors posted by some romanians (and then they must be true) speak of a base price of thirteen thousand of those little ?-notes. Sounds a bit cheap, but 14-15k is perfectly plausible and a good price for such a large vehicle.

I spoke too soon, it's back again! With a 1.2TSI too, so I like it even more.

I love how carmakers outside of the US just pull and add models seemingly at random. Here, once a model is canceled, its gone usually for good.

I'd have to assume its due to the build to order nature of car buying outside the US and Canada.

I love how carmakers outside of the US just pull and add models seemingly at random. Here, once a model is canceled, its gone usually for good.

I'd have to assume its due to the build to order nature of car buying outside the US and Canada.
It never went away in Europe, just Australia. They pulled the old one after the N/A 1.6 and 1.9TDI engines died out and didn't bother to sell it with new engines. Now, all of a sudden, they did an about turn and started selling them with the latest generation of engines.

The Lodgy definitely looks good. Viewed as it would be sold in the UK (if it is alongside the Sandero and Duster), a cheaper Scenic wouldn't go amis. People prefer the (atrociously terrible) Zafira over the Scenic because of price, so hopefully as long as this has similar space and practicality features as the Grand Scenic then they should do well. Dacia do need to spend some money on advertising here once they start selling anything.

:rofl: Gotta love Dacia, seems most of the design ideas didn't make it to production, hell looks like no design at all went into that. :p
Head of Renault "Wow what a design" Dacia chief designer "Yes a lot of design went into that!" HoR "Take most of it out, do it now!" stomps off slamming door. What you see is a Renault type people mover with all the design removed. (Or red blob).

Apart from the nasty looking scratchy-scratchy plastic (you can just tell from looking at it can't you?) it looks pretty good.

I love the name too, it just reminds me of constipation. :D

The Lodgy definitely looks good. Viewed as it would be sold in the UK (if it is alongside the Sandero and Duster), a cheaper Scenic wouldn't go amis. People prefer the (atrociously terrible) Zafira over the Scenic because of price, so hopefully as long as this has similar space and practicality features as the Grand Scenic then they should do well. Dacia do need to spend some money on advertising here once they start selling anything.

Oi - I have a Zafira (well the Mrs has) and it has its moments thank you (Diesel Auto - rare in other cars of this type).

Apart from the nasty looking scratchy-scratchy plastic (you can just tell from looking at it can't you?) it looks pretty good.

I love the name too, it just reminds me of constipation. :D
Marketing Dept. will be pleased.

Last edited:
Not bad for ultra low budget. I do wonder what the little button in the lower left of the last picture do, my interpretation is instrument cluster light OFF. Which is Nightpanel. Which makes no sense on a Dacia.

Which makes no sense on a Dacia.

It makes excactly as much sense as it does in a Saab, actually.

...and by the way, it's the button for turning off the cruise control.

Last edited:
It makes excactly as much sense as it does in a Saab, actually.

...and by the way, it's the button for turning off the cruise control.

Are you sure? It's a bit of an odd place to put a button that only turns off the cruise control, where you have to look down to find it.

On the Grand Scenic it's placed behind the gearlever, so it is very much plausible. I'm not 100% sure, though.

On the Grand Scenic it's placed behind the gearlever, so it is very much plausible. I'm not 100% sure, though.

Fair enough. I've never used criuse control so I can't claim to be an expert, I'd just expect the button to turn it on too. :dunno: