Ownership Verified: Good news, everyone: teeb's new Dacia Duster!

teeb

Car(s)
old Saab 9-3 coup?
New Dacia Duster in blue. Handy for where I live.

Sorry it's not an MX-5!

Some commonly-asked questions:

Does it handle OK, or is it wallowy?
Yes.

Dacia? Why?
Romanians are known for high-quality workmanship. And it annoys the UKIP peoples.

Have you planned any mods?
I am going to install a dog in the boot. He will drool much.

LxoJtlA.jpg

In its natural habitat: staring at a field.

SHXdsdg.jpg

I've kind of run out of funny things to say. New on Saturday and already dirty.

EyBO3su.jpg

It has a USB thingy and everything.

aD8Fh6d.jpg

Obligatory shot.

according to those pictures, that is one hell of a sensible choice :D nicely done!

Get a shorter USB drive, because otherwise you will break this one.

Thanks - it is on the shopping list; to get as small a drive as possible.

Will also make it less obvious to thieves.

public is envious. :p :lol:

Duster! For some really strange reason I like the car really much. :)

Or maybe it isn't even strange: it does it's job more than well and most importantly it doesn't shout premium active dynamic lifestyle.

Which engine did you get?

Last edited:
Duster! For some really strange reason I like the car really much. :)

Or maybe it isn't even strange: it does it's job more than well and most importantly it doesn't shout premium active dynamic lifestyle.

Which engine did you get?

You don't get a choice. The cheapest Dusters (no radio, no electric windows etc) come with a 1.4 litre petrol engine.

All others come with a 1.5 litre Nissan diesel engine, last seen in the Qashqai.

As mine has some toys; it had to be the diesel.

I drove the Duster back when it first came out. It had the 1.6 16v seen in many many Renaults over the past decade and a half. I found it gutless and buzzy and I'm fairly sure the diesel would be a huge improvement with ~5hp less and twice as much torque. :)

And I'm fairly sure the 1.5 dCi is Renault, not Nissan. Europe is where the Diesel know-how is.

Cool choice.

Also that first photo made me think of this.

vlcsnap-2014-04-01-22h56m31s143.png

Wow you get six gears for your money, nice. Not a bad colour and the engine has been around for ages and ages. Doesn't look like there is anything to go wrong on it. Enjoy!

way to go buddy :)
all it needs is a small block

Yeah, my thoughts exacly! Something nice and economic, like 4.6 HSE with blower.

Btw, is rear axle on yours living the mind of its own? Or they're pay attention to electronics in brit-versions...