Goodbye 6 cyliders; hello 4!

LeVeL

Forum Addict
The Maxima is gone :( It's thread is here: http://forums.finalgear.com/post-your-car/maxima-26771/
Basically, my father got a new car (A4 Avant) and offered to trade my car in and then I'd take his '98 Accord. It has ~207k miles on it, compared to the Nissan's ~197k, but the car is in much better condition - the Nissan is falling apart, whereas the Honda is pretty much flawless. So I took it! Its a 4-cyl auto with a mind-boggling 150hp but its got VTEC :mrgreen: There are a few things that I don't like about it, such as the really thin steering wheel rim and the general seating position, but overall I'm satisfied with the "trade". It'll hold me off till I find a clean Miata.

I'll post pics later but for now I'm drawing up a mod list:
-First things first - I'm cutting the springs this weekend. BlaRo, drop by if you want to help.
-"HONDA RACING" windshield banner is in the mail already
-A friend agreed to help me paint the hubcaps
-Yellow headlights, Lexus style
-Smoked taillights
-Custom exhaust tip - 4" baby!
-Tinted windows, of course
-Yellow (as opposed to stock orange) blinker fluid, to match the headlights
-Neon windshield washer nozzles
-Type-R badges
-Might get some JDM rims later on, we'll see

So yeah... I'll update this post with pics later on

edit: found an old pic. The Honda looks the same; the Nissan's trunk lid and plate have been fixed since this picture was taken (a good 2 years ago)

http://img113.imageshack.**/img113/6338/img9565.jpg

Last edited:
Well i'm sure you will enjoy the extra mpg's.

You forgot to add 'unpainted poorly fit body kit' to this:

-First things first - I'm cutting the springs this weekend. BlaRo, drop by if you want to help.
-Smoked taillights
-Type-R badges

-Smoked taillights
-Type-R badges

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. :|

-Smoked taillights
-Type-R badges

You forgot to straight pipe it. In my opinion, you need some more stickers of crap you don't actually have on your car. I think some NISMO stickers and an AMG badge would go a long way for you. Maybe throw in a couple Tien stickers. You also forgot to put a big ass spoiler on the list.

Last edited:
The Maxima is gone :( It's thread is here: http://forums.finalgear.com/post-your-car/maxima-26771/
Basically, my father got a new car (A4 Avant) and offered to trade my car in and then I'd take his '98 Accord. It has ~207k miles on it, compared to the Nissan's ~197k, but the car is in much better condition - the Nissan is falling apart, whereas the Honda is pretty much flawless. So I took it! Its a 4-cyl auto with a mind-boggling 150hp but its got VTEC :mrgreen: There are a few things that I don't like about it, such as the really thin steering wheel rim and the general seating position, but overall I'm satisfied with the "trade". It'll hold me off till I find a clean Miata.

-Smoked taillights
-Type-R badges

Hey, don't forget to paint your disc brake rotors, they help improve cooling and brake fade. Also, have you heard of this thing called "direct exhaust injection?" Some guy did it to his Corvette and he's gotten so much power out of it with way better fuel efficiency!

yeah man just give me your paypal and ill send you the direct exhaust injection kit. ive got like 5 on hand so let me know if your friends want them

I read the "HONDA RACING" part and thought, oh dear God no. Then I realised it was a wind up. *phew*

DEI sounds cool but its not in the budget :( I'm buying a bag of sand tonight and sand-blasting the engine tomorrow though. Also gotta stop by Autozone and get some 70w oil...

Oh sweet! While you're changing it, check the old oil to see if it's dirty or not. If it is, you should wash out the engine by spraying some water into the intake and running the engine. That should make sure your expensive oil stays nice and clean!

And if it doesn't run well after that, try putting some NOS in the gas tank.

LOL I have to admit I read the forum when I get in to work at like 7:30am and I was like "NO NOT LEVEL!!!! ANYONE BUT LEVEL!!!" but then I woke up :) If you were serious I would actually take that drive up to MA just to smack you.

LOL I have to admit I read the forum when I get in to work at like 7:30am and I was like "NO NOT LEVEL!!!! ANYONE BUT LEVEL!!!" but then I woke up :) If you were serious I would actually take that drive up to MA just to smack you.

hahahaaha thank you, I appreciate that. If I ever say something like that again and I am serious, then please do come smack me. Or better yet introduce my teeth to a crowbar

Twin white Racing stripe with a number 57 on the doors and the bonnet would look so cool.
Oh and a "My other car is a Honda" sticker obviously.

... Runs and hides.

Last edited: