Google pays no tax on ?1.6bn in Britain

idk

Car(s)
Hyundai i30N Performance
Mhh... so I just found this

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article6962880.ece

Can someone explain me the point of that article? Are they really accusing Google???

Oh.. wait.. imagine you're a, let's call him 'business guy' at any company. So now you've got the legal choice either to pay ?450.000.000 or pay not... It's completely up to you. So what do you do? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It has been a long time since I read such stupid comments like in that article. :blink:

PS: Too many idiots on this planet.. unbelievable :wall::wall::wall:

Last edited:
boo-fucking-hoo

good for them using a stupid wide open loophole.

just shows how fucked up the tax system is over there

Hey, we don't have any room to complain on that front. Our tax system is so complicated that our own Treasury Secretary, the man in charge of our taxes, cannot successfully complete his tax filings even with the assistance of a computer program.

The swine! How dare they join almost every other major business in the country and not pay tax's! What ever next? MP's stealing public money to pay for second homes they don't use...oh wait.

When did paying taxes = patriotic duty (or as is implied in the article)? I thought the main impetus of the Revolution was, shall we call them, disagreements over taxation?

I just hope our President doesn't come out one day and say something like "It is the social responsibility of the American people to financially support their fellow man." Oh wait...

When did paying taxes = patriotic duty (or as is implied in the article)? I thought the main impetus of the Revolution was, shall we call them, disagreements over taxation?

I just hope our President doesn't come out one day and say something like "It is the social responsibility of the American people to financially support their fellow man." Oh wait...

"Anyone may arrange his affairs so that his taxes shall be as low as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which best pays the treasury. There is not even a patriotic duty to increase one's taxes. Over and over again the Courts have said that there is nothing sinister in so arranging affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible. Everyone does it, rich and poor alike and all do right, for nobody owes any public duty to pay more than the law demands." - Judge Learned Hand, Gregory v. Helvering, 69 F.2d 809, 810 (2d Cir. 1934), aff'd, 293 U.S. 465, 55 S.Ct. 266, 79 L.Ed. 596 (1935)

^ You, sir, have effectively pwn'd Joe Biden.

Go forth, and pull his hairplugs for me.

Judge Learned Hand

What a silly name. But yeah, there have been various UK cases that say the same. Hence why loads of UK companies are registered in Jersey and Sark.

What a silly name. But yeah, there have been various UK cases that say the same. Hence why loads of UK companies are registered in Jersey and Sark.

That was his middle and last name, and he preferred to use that. His first name was 'Billings', and since he was originally a lawyer, using his middle name instead of his first name was probably not a bad idea. :p

That was his middle and last name, and he preferred to use that. His first name was 'Billings', and since he was originally a lawyer, using his middle name instead of his first name was probably not a bad idea. :p

I don't get parents who give their children daft names, although they are sometimes quite good such as Austin Healey.
We had a politician in the 17th century who was Christened "Unless-Jesus-Christ-Had-Died-For-Thee-Thou-Hadst-Been-Damned Barebone".

Does Google have to pay the congestion tax?