Google+ Who's on it?

I just got in on it too. I'm going to wait and see how it goes before posting my profile information on here - since it is open to the public. If anyone really needs to add me, I will create a FG circle and do it via PM.

Now I just need to go sift through the "Post a Photo of Yourself" thread and find that one of me in my fedora for my new profile pic. Right now Google+ is using the one from Google Talk, which is still my old Gordon Freeman avatar (some of you long-time members might remember that one).

Send me a PM with your email address.

Got my invite from savamane, much appreciated. I was not able to get in, but apparently if you continue trying it will eventually work. I'll update when I get in successfully.

*EDIT*
Just got in, just took a little waiting. Thanks again savamane.

Last edited:
Okay, can anyone explain what the big deal about it is? Everyone I know is already on Facebook, which is kind of the point of a social network...so why start over?

For starters, Google doesn't have Farmville.

Also, I trust Google more with my private information than I do Facebook. FB has constantly introduced new "features" as an excuse to reset everyone's permissions to what Facebook wants to see, rather than keeping the settings people made. The only real privacy screwup from Google was Buzz. The interface at Google+ is much slicker than Facebook and you can more easily compartmentalize information, so I no longer have to choose between using an alias to prevent my clients from finding my private page or severely limiting what photos get tagged of me and what I post.

But mostly I don't have to hear about anyone's fucking farm.

Last edited:
Worry not, external apps will make their way in the future, but the Google guys will allow much more control over what comes in the stream and avoid the flood effect.

I just hope they allow a smooth integration with 4sq and similar and don't force the use of Latitude.

Okay, can anyone explain what the big deal about it is? Everyone I know is already on Facebook, which is kind of the point of a social network...so why start over?

More and more people are leaving facebook or have just left their account idling and just because of the noise around G+ even more will follow.

My understanding is that their friends filter is far more intuitive and easier to use than FB.

So, for example, you could share a couple of pics from your track day with everyone but let one circle see all of them.

Oh, it's privacy? Well since I have everything set to "very very visable," that's kind of irrevelant. But no farmville/mafia wars, that does sound like a big...plus.

Sorry, I can't resist a good pun.

YEY my friend mark invited me to google+

And I just added a fuckload of you to it. By fuckload I mean 10. Click the yey rage face above to add me.

I have an invite, but I can't get in just yet. :(

If you have an invitation but can't get in, just hold on. It takes a day or two, but they will open a spot for you.

I created a Final Gear Quarantine Circle for all you degenerates.

I got in, but the main page still says I'm not allowed in, even though I'm connected through the android app...

Stupid beta.

I like how your tagline is "I have cameras and I'm not afraid to use them" and yet your profile picture is a cartoon :p

I haven't changed mah piccie yet, LP. I've had that one up (read: attached to email address) for eons. Patience, good man!