GoPro owners club

I got over my initial excitement. I still want one, but may hold off a while. I'm not concerned at all with the lack of zoom -- my iPhone doesn't have either. I also learned I can get the back glass (including the camera lens) replaced for $29 at an Apple store apparently, so I'll likely go that route until I get the Viper. :)

I broke down and bought one earlier this week. Gets here next week.

Prepare for boring videos of my Crapsica! :lol:

I broke down and bought one earlier this week. Gets here next week.

Prepare for boring videos of my Crapsica! :lol:

GoCapsica... i Mean GoPro!

I bought the LCD BacPac so I can now actually frame shots! It should be here tomorrow (or the day after the latest).

Had some fun with my GoPro this weekend. All GoPro footage is with the open back and Micover...which for some reason now works pretty well. Maybe it likes louder cars??

Enjoy in HD! :mrgreen:

Subscribe if you want more!

All the tests I've been doing have terrible wind noise. I've tried both non-waterproof (TONS of wind) and waterproof (rocks in a blender sound). I've been mounting it on my windshield, up high above the roofline.

Inside the car on the windshield is alright if I have the windows down, but then you get reflections and such.

Any suggestions? :(

Trying something. Quick tryout of the GoPro windshield suction accessory and attaching to my helmet to give kind of a driver's eye view. I can't believe this is actually holding. However, this definitely not for off-road use unless you duct-tape it on. Or, unless there's a purpose built accessory already that has this angle. I'll have to look one of these days.

DSC01877.jpg

DSC01878.jpg

DSC01879.jpg

Video [quick test]:

Last edited:
There's already a helmet mount that you can set up that way - the standard one. Just stick it on the side of the helmet instead of the top.

Speaking of which, anyone else had both the locking tabs of their helmet mount attachment break off?

Last edited:
^^ yes, there's a helmet mount, but, the rest of the accessories don't get the camera right-side-up if mounted on the side of the helmet.

There is a piece that turns the camera 90 degrees, which does the trick.

All the tests I've been doing have terrible wind noise. I've tried both non-waterproof (TONS of wind) and waterproof (rocks in a blender sound). I've been mounting it on my windshield, up high above the roofline.

Inside the car on the windshield is alright if I have the windows down, but then you get reflections and such.

#1 rule of GoPro use- non-waterproof back sucks balls. Don't use it alone. I ordered that Micover for the back of the NWP back and (as seen in the last video I posted) it turned out really well. The louder the cars the better to (try and) overwhelm the wind.

^^ yes, there's a helmet mount, but, the rest of the accessories don't get the camera right-side-up if mounted on the side of the helmet.

I don't know anything about the helmet mounts but if the camera is upside down you can always shoot in "Upsidedown mode" and just flip the video in editing.

Nice, avanti. That's going to be my next one (I currently have the 960). It's so sad, the GoPro's have better quality than my Canon. All these handheld camcorders can take a lesson from GoPro.

I gave up, to be honest. :(

Seriously?? The combined brainpower of FG can't come up with a solution? :(
What does the pro's use to record audio?

Welcome to the club. :D

Thank you very much!
:D

umm....the pro's have professional sound recordists with microphones that cost lots of money.

The Mic may suck, but for what you get and the price I honestly don't think there is much room to complain. Water proof, small enough to mount just about anywhere, takes reasonably good video, all for a very reasonable price. Good luck getting anything waterproof to sound good without spending a ton of money. Its also very hard to find a decent mic that will cancel wind noise but still capture all the other noises you want to hear.

You guys have me so close to pulling the trigger on one of these.