GoPro owners club

I'm not sure what you mean. I used the Cineform software off the GoPro website to edit/crop and convert then direct upload to YouTube.

My first serious attempt with the GoPro HD Hero 2: In 1080p 25p wide angle.

MacGuffin and I use Premiere Pro for editing and exporting. It has a Youtube 720p option, you just have to change the framerate to one that matches your recording (If you recorded in NTSC, leave it, if you recorded in PAL, change to 25fps).

ya thats probably where i went wrong, i didnt take those into consideration . and i just found out that when i used windows live to remove the last 5 sec , it changed the resolution and probably some other thing. ill get started on working with a software as soon as i get one . It shouldnt be too hard to learn to edit basic vids for now.

MacGuffin and I use Premiere Pro for editing and exporting. It has a Youtube 720p option, you just have to change the framerate to one that matches your recording (If you recorded in NTSC, leave it, if you recorded in PAL, change to 25fps).

What is roughly the size of the file per 1 minute with the Youtube option in Premiere? I was using Final Cut Pro X in my video and when I uploaded directly to Youtube the file size of the 2 minute 720p video was something like 160MB. When I saved the file as .mov to my computer first, the file size would be 1GB. The difference in quality was quite visible as well.

This video was 215MB for 5 minutes, a bit iffy quality, but recorded in 720p, so sampling makes the picture very jaggedy:

And 340MB for 8 minutes:

Better overall quality, but shot at 1080p, so clear image.

I have to go now, but when I come back, I'll finally write that tutorial for GoPro footage + Premiere Pro I've been intending for a while now.

Thank you , ill be getting either Premiere Pro or power director 10 , dunno yet , but im gonna do it this week , and ill be needing that tutorial , thanks again ! ps , which should i get? adobe seems to be in the $600 range and power director 10 can be found in the $50 is there that much of a difference to make it worth the price diff?

xD , ya i would have done so long ago , but University internet usage can get tricky , I dont plan on getting into a court again anytime soon lol

I finally got around to buying a GoPro.

A seller on ebay has the GoPro HERO motorsport edition for $160. It's not the HERO2 but its still a good deal.

I have a GoPro Hero 1. I just mounted my GoPro to my new bike, I wanted to show the techmount I attached it to.

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1869.jpg

I have some footage from it, but I haven't uploaded it to youtube yet.

The awesome remote control is available now: http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories/wi-fi-bacpac-remote-combo/

For the HD Hero 1, you can only use it to start/stop it. For the HD Hero 2 though you can stream the video to your phone or tablet. You can even stream directly to the Internet.

I kinda want a HD Hero 2 now but I barely use my HD Hero 1 as it is. :?

It looks great, if this was out sooner, I wouldn't have gotten the LCD backpack. For me the biggest upside would be to control the camera via a phone. Even with the improved interface of GoPro 2 vs 1, it's still a pain to switch between various viewing angles/resolutions.

i need to invest in a steadycam

For the love of god don't waste your money on a silly expensive one. I built one going by this guide video but properly botched because I couldn't find the conduit over here. Even so, and with a camera twice as heavy as a GoPro I get this awesomeness. :)

When I was in Italy last month to meet up with some of my co-workers, we took a chartered bus from where we were staying near Assisi into Rome. My GoPro took 9788 over 3 hours and 24 minutes before the battery died (forgot to attach the battery booster pack).

Hint: if you want to see it in super quality, change the Quality control up to "Original" to see the full resolution (2592x1944 pixels).