GoPro owners club

What's the difference between the white and black models, because the white one is ?180 :eek: :blink:

The thing that's been putting me off getting one was the price tag of ?300 (perfectly equivilent to the US $300 <_<), but at ?180 its almost free. The Black one is ?380, though...

Edit: Just had a look and the white one basically seems like the Hero2. Looks like I'd want the Black one :(

Last edited:
Oh for fuck's sake. I just bought a 2 a couple months ago.

I might sell my 1 and buy a 2 (I kind of like having two of them) or I might just no worry about it and keep what I have. Probably the latter.

And here I was thinking of purchasing a GP2.... HAH! If I keep postponing it, maybe I will purchase a GP9 Titanium Fiber Toast with footlocker when it goes out for sale.

I think I may sell my 1 and buy one of these. Whats the going rate for HERO1's these days? I don't even know what a fair price to list it at would be.

No prices on the 3 yet?

^ They're on GoPros website - it gave me them in ? so something works. :)

I guess I know what I'll bring back from my next trip to Oklahoma City...

Early present to myself, a Black Edition :)

Anyone know a reputable online place that sells GoPro under MSRP?

Some more info on the black edition Hero 3, do want!

Yeah, definitely want one. If only it had exposure compensation... Oh, well...

*shoves fingers in ears*

*nyah nyah nyah* I have a Contour! I can't hear you! *nyah nyah nyah*

damn technology! why is there always a better one right after you get one. lol. i just got my Hero2 this spring and that Hero3 looks awesome. 1080 at 60fps would be sweet. oh well the Hero2 is still awesome.

i use 720p at 60fps. for mic i use an Audio-Technica PRO24-CM mounted down by the mufflers.

autocross

drag (the last half of the vid is not a GoPro)

drift RC car

Last edited:
Android app finally available, yay!

Can't wait to get me a Hero 3 black...

Going to get two GoPros for the next roadtrip and general filming stuff. Mainly for use with cars, though.

Question is, which ones should I get?
The new Hero3 White, the older Hero2 Motorsport Edition, or go for a combination? They are about the same price.

Hero3 Black would obviously be best, but I find them to be just too expensive for my needs.

Hero 3 White is HD Hero 1 in a new body. Hero 3 Silver is Hero 2 in a new body. Only the Hero 3 Black is all new and delicious.

Oh wow. Had no idea.