Got a 1995 Camry for <$500US

chumply

Cost ?250 pounds. MOT and Tax. 77,000 miles, climate control, electric windows etc 3.0 V6 auto.

Dont have a pic with me right now, but you know what they look like. Maybe ill get one up here soon. Otherwise:

94.toyota.camrysedanlev6.jpg

Thanks ebay. ;)

Bloody hell bargain or what! 77,000 mls, that's just run in. ... Had any work to do on it? Pic would be nice. Oh BTW :welcome:

Wow, 250 Pounds is nothing for such a car, even considered that it is hugely unpopular in Europe and has a "huge, thirsty" V6! Sure that it hasn't got any major faults?

Wow...there are parts on that car that cost more than what you purchased it for. Many owners here would be envious of you since this is one of the most expensive used cars here, it sells so well that even ridiculously high mileage is not a deterrent. If you got one in good condition you may not have to worry about a new car for a very long time.

Great buy, these SXV10R Camrys are very reliable and robust. 100,000kms ones are still going out at $9000 plus. I use to own a 1995 Camry Vienta Ultima V6. Very roomy with leather and rear spoiler, only problem was, the red burgundy paint began to peal. The V6 also isn't very thirsty as it was frugal, with plenty of power it was perfect for this car. Good Luck with yours. I still regret selling mine to this day with only 120000kms on the clock.

Camrys dont sell for much here, people dont really want 3.0 V6's. Even the 2.2 doesnt fetch much.

Everything works in the car, the engine and gearbox are good (im no mechanic).

I was looking at Nissan Maximas, Honda Legends and Camrys all pre 1996 since they are similar spec and similar price.

I can imagine in the US and Canada bigger cars sell for more but here everyone wants little runarounds. A Ford Fiesta that cost less than half what the Camry did when they were both new in 95 would sell for twice what i paid for the Camry.

Did that price include the engine and entire body? :p

Nah seriously though, thats a ridiculously awesome price! There really are some bargains to be found, particularly on eBay.

I can imagine in the US and Canada bigger cars sell for more but here everyone wants little runarounds. A Ford Fiesta that cost less than half what the Camry did when they were both new in 95 would sell for twice what i paid for the Camry.
The Canadian is slightly different from the US, small cars actually sell better. The Toyota Echo was actually a very popular here and depreciates very very slowly. The Civic and Corolla attempt to battle every year to take the best sellers. The Camry and Accord are really the largest cars the normal Canadian buyer considers. If your car is reliable and has the reputation to prove it, its an instant seller here. It might be why Fiat, Alfa Romeo and the french left our market long ago.

250 pounds is bugger all for a 77000mile Camry. Hell, even old SV11's from the mid 80's are worth more in reasonable condition here.

What's depressing is that your car cost about 1/8 of what mine did a year ago, which is 2 years older and had more k's on it.

worn tires+ slick surface= wheel hop! fun little car, i have the 2.2l version. Just take car as these cars tend to scrape most parking stops here in the states.

WOW! I paid $3000 USD for a 1995 five years ago with 180k miles. Yes it is still going strong with 250K miles.

It is the 1mz-fe V6 and averages 26mpg.