Gran Turismo 5 Requests

Salem

Car(s)
*see signature
Now excuse me if this already exists, but this is a thread in which a letter of request will be sent to Polyphony Digital containing any and all suggestions of material we think they should include in the game.

I'll start with some tracks:

I would like to see hillclimb and downhill courses including, but not limited to; Haruna Mountain, Myogi Mountain, and Akagi Mountain.

I think it would be exciting to se these three famous Gunma district areas re-created in beautiful high definition for our racing pleasure.

I think its good not to be limited to circuit and rally-approved courses in a game this big.

^Better make an E-Petition then.

Wow guys, thanks for the support, because this will definitely work if we put it down and say it can't.

I know, but there has to be at least ten threads on that in gtplanet. I'm saying anyone who has an opinion should post it here and we (the forum) as a group can send it in.

Maybe we can get Andy Wilman to put in his 2 cents to Polyphony. Much more clout. :)

I think non-circuit locales is a great idea. Maybe a couple per continent. U.S. can be Pacific Coast Highway and the Dragon. Europe can be a few of those roads seen on Top Gear. Asia can include your togue mountains and maybe a rally thing in Tibet. Australia and New Zealand probably have great roads as well.

After playing Test Drive Unlimited, it's surprisingly relaxing to drive just for the sake of cruising.

Maybe we can get Andy Wilman to put in his 2 cents to Polyphony. Much more clout. :)

I think non-circuit locales is a great idea. Maybe a couple per continent. U.S. can be Pacific Coast Highway and the Dragon. Europe can be a few of those roads seen on Top Gear. Asia can include your togue mountains and maybe a rally thing in Tibet. Australia and New Zealand probably have great roads as well.

After playing Test Drive Unlimited, it's surprisingly relaxing to drive just for the sake of cruising.

I see we are on the same page. It might also spring interest in more customers if people saw you could drive around on a road you knew very well. Especially those like me, who enjoys the common "my car is faster than yours" matchup on local roads.

I'll second that. GT5 would be nice if it wasn't restricted to the tracks. I think the closest to real streets in previous GT games was Seattle.

Can't imagine Sony or Polyphony will want to make a load of new features for this game though, especially since it's taking them years to finish the ones they already have.

At this point of the development of GT5 (?-1 year> till release) I'm fairly certain they won't start working on any new features for the game.

On gtplanet.net it has been indicated by a reliable guy in the "business" that there will be alot of BIG news on the features gt5 will include by E3 games show at the latest (June 2nd-4th), possibly already at GDC (March 23nd).

But for the sake of postponing doing the laundry I'll play along:

Some of the things that could be in the pipeline are:

-Fairly extensive multiplayer-mode, somehow implemented into HOME
-Weather effects and day/night cycle, possibly with real life weather conditions for the tracks (The main menu in GT5: Prolugue displays the weather on a number of tracks around the world)
-Damage
-There has been word that PD have been negotiating with Porsche, so they could be joining the series. There has been pictures of a Masserati being scanned by the team, so Masserati is more or less a given :D No word on Lamborghini yet, but I certainly hope they are in. Epic Lambo vs. Ferrari battles anyone?
-Top gear track :stig:
-Livery editor

Now excuse me if this already exists, but this is a thread in which a letter of request will be sent to Polyphony Digital containing any and all suggestions of material we think they should include in the game.

I'll start with some tracks:

I would like to see hillclimb and downhill courses including, but not limited to; Haruna Mountain, Myogi Mountain, and Akagi Mountain.

I think it would be exciting to se these three famous Gunma district areas re-created in beautiful high definition for our racing pleasure.

I think its good not to be limited to circuit and rally-approved courses in a game this big.

Wow....do you want to play this game this century or not?

At this point of the development of GT5 (?-1 year> till release) I'm fairly certain they won't start working on any new features for the game.

On gtplanet.net it has been indicated by a reliable guy in the "business" that there will be alot of BIG news on the features gt5 will include by E3 games show at the latest (June 2nd-4th), possibly already at GDC (March 23nd).

But for the sake of postponing doing the laundry I'll play along:

Some of the things that could be in the pipeline are:

-Fairly extensive multiplayer-mode, somehow implemented into HOME
-Weather effects and day/night cycle, possibly with real life weather conditions for the tracks (The main menu in GT5: Prolugue displays the weather on a number of tracks around the world)
-Damage
-There has been word that PD have been negotiating with Porsche, so they could be joining the series. There has been pictures of a Masserati being scanned by the team, so Masserati is more or less a given :D No word on Lamborghini yet, but I certainly hope they are in. Epic Lambo vs. Ferrari battles anyone?
-Top gear track :stig:
-Livery editor

Pretty sure Top Gear track is confirmed when they said they will have the episodes available for download and then you can drive the same car around the track and see your time.

Top Gear track is confirmed.

Other than that, I see no point in writing to PD. And that not out of pessimism, just realism. PD does not communicate with the outside world whatsoever, interviews with Kaz aside that is. Also, he officially says that he primarily makes GT for himself, since he has the dream to create the perfect driving simulation game. That said, providing external input becomes quite pointless.

Now I'm not saying that I'm happy about it, that's just how it is.