Gran Turismo 5

Considering they where all jaggies not long ago, they sure have improved on the interior lightening.

i pre ordered today, so hopefully it'll be out soon, can't wait to try this out, and if it's true all the GT4 cars are in.. i'll be tuning me a Volvo 240 :p

Sony?s put together a new website promoting their ?PlayStation Experience Tour? across France, and it features a noteworthy little bullet point regarding Gran Turismo 5?s heavily-rumored weather system. Via Google Translator:

?the light passes from the sunny morning after the night was black and the climate will play tricks on you during endurance.

This is important because it suggests the game?s weather will not be static, but dynamic and changing throughout the course of your race ? a significant detail which hasn?t yet been confirmed. Let?s hope for more solid weather-related info to be officially revealed at the Tokyo Game Show, starting this Thursday.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/09/15/gt5-playstation-experience.jpg
*UPDATE* Sony has updated their website, removing the comment about weather. The original version has been preserved in the screenshot above, which you can compare to the current version below.
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/09/15/gt5-weather-image-update.png

So out of curiosity, I just plugged my Logitech MOMO wheel into my PS3 (they arent supposed to be compatible) and turned GT5p on. Guess what? It works. Even the buttons, FFB, and paddle shifters. Only the gear stick doesn't work, nor is there a button for looking behind. Time to see if it works on other games.

Guess that cheap Driving Force EX was a waste of money.

Last edited:
More details:

GTPlanet said:
Here?s a quick overview of what?s been discussed in the TGS 2010 GT5 breakout session:

* Laguna Seca has been completely rebuilt and will return for GT5.
* Trial Mountain has also been confirmed
* ?Gran Turismo Anywhere? will allow you to manage B-Spec races, right from your computer. You?ll be able to hold B-Spec races with your friends from anywhere in what are called ?Remote Races?.
* GT5 will feature a series of special events such as the Karting Experience, the AMG driving school, The Stig Challenge, Jeff Gordon NASCAR School, Sebastien Loeb Rally Challenge, and Gran Turismo Rally.
* Point-to-point rally stages will be automatically and randomly generated ? you?ll have to depend on your co-driver to give you the best instructions about the road ahead.
* Rally mode can be played either on or offline.
* Weather changes include temperature differences, air pressure changes, and humidity, affecting the surface conditions of the track dynamically.
* Weather conditions are randomized. Forecasts for your race will be available but may not be entirely accurate, just like the real world.
* Polyphony Digital has helped Red Bull Racing?s Adrian Newey design the X1 Concept ? an ?ultimate? racing car, free of any technical regulations.
* Polyphony Digital has worked to improve engine sounds.
* Many things didn?t make the cut in Gran Turismo 5, and work on Gran Turismo 6 has already begun.

uhm....

is that what i think it is?
http://img26.imageshack.**/img26/7479/gt5u.jpg

Probably (VW bus - Seen from a VW Kuppelwagen). Old timer VW rally :p

exactly what i thought it looked like then, which is awesome!

I cannot wait to race a DB9 on a London circuit at night or something to that effect. The screenshot above with the LFA (judging by the dash) and the rain is incredible even having been so scrambled

* Laguna Seca has been completely rebuilt and will return for GT5.
* Trial Mountain has also been confirmed.
* GT5 will feature a series of special events such as the Karting Experience, the AMG driving school, The Stig Challenge, Jeff Gordon NASCAR School, Sebastien Loeb Rally Challenge, and Gran Turismo Rally.
* Point-to-point rally stages will be automatically and randomly generated ? you?ll have to depend on your co-driver to give you the best instructions about the road ahead.
* Weather changes include temperature differences, air pressure changes, and humidity, affecting the surface conditions of the track dynamically.
* Weather conditions are randomized. Forecasts for your race will be available but may not be entirely accurate, just like the real world.
* Polyphony Digital has helped Red Bull Racing?s Adrian Newey design the X1 Concept ? an ?ultimate? racing car, free of any technical regulations.
* Polyphony Digital has worked to improve engine sounds.

You know that fizzy feeling James gets?

I have that now. In every fiber of my being. Especially my toenails. Though, strangely, not in my eyebrows.

They keep adding more details as they get announced:
GTPlanet said:
* Yamauchi admits that, in certain situations ? such as standing race starts in the rain with 15 other cars on the screen kicking up spray in front of you ? the game may not be able to hold 60FPS. Otherwise, it will strive to hold 60FPS as often as possible.
* The Volkswagen Kubelwagen, which has a drive system like the first beetle, and the amphibious Volkswagen Schwimmwagen will be in the game.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-tgs-2010-breakout-session-full-details/

I hope the wipers aren't automatic/are damageable.

Edit: They made a special point to mention the "amphibious Volkswagen Schwimmwagen" as opposed to just the Volkswagen Schwimmwagen.

:hmm:

Last edited:
TRIAL MOUNTAIN!!!!