Gran Turismo 5

Meh, I have almost completely erased GT3 from memory, I really didn't like that game. I think there were two cars you could buy with the starting cash that were not K-cars, and one of them was a PT Cruiser.

Is that the first time they showed a Veyron in a video? :w00t:

No one disses the awesomeness that is Grand Valley Speedway.

I myself am quite partial to Midfield. I'd even say it's one of my favourites. And Grand Valley Speedway has it good bits. That whole last section, the last three or four corners especially, and nailing the very last one to get a good run down the straight. Those tracks can be a lot of fun, and part of the fun comes from the fact that I've known them for so long and know them so well and can really get every last second out of them. In the right car, in the right mood, on the right day, those old tracks can be tons of fun.

But early in the game, two days after buying it, in a 'beginner' race, in a bloody two-door, salmon pink, 1999 Toyota Yaris 1.3, totally stock, in a field of near identical cars, five laps on Grand Valley Speeday... FML.

Last edited:
Yea the full length Grand Valley is soooo long and boring with a slow car, makes me want to kill myself.

Can't wait for this game. Pre-ordered the Collectors Edition on Thursday.

First, the good news: more than 756 of GT5?s cars were revealed in a recent tech demo of Sony?s PlayView image rendering software. The bad news: we only know that one of them is a Nissan 240ZG.

The only two pictures we have of this PlayView demo (apparently featured at the Tokyo Game Show 2010) were unearthed by our own CoolColJ, which you can see above. To get a better understanding of what you?re looking at, check out the following video to see PlayView in action. Basically, it allows you to quickly zoom in on extremely large (34,800 x 92,300) interactive images. Here?s an article which goes in to more detail, and curiously mentions that Sony will bring the technology to their games in ?fall of 2010?:

The PlayView can deal with not only still pictures but also movies, music, hypertext links, etc. And SCE plans to use the PlayView for electronic documents such as the instruction manuals and guides for game software and start a service called ?PlayView for Games? in the fall of 2010.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/09/27/gt5-playview-2.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/09/27/gt5-playview-1.jpg

I`m always amazed by one thing. Kaz is such a brain, but he still can`t or don`t want to speak English...

Anyone for Laguna Seca 24 hour race with pouring rain at times? :p

Anyone for Laguna Seca 24 hour race with pouring rain at times? :p

Didn't see this posted in the last two pages so...

:jawdrop:

Words out on which tracks will include weather + day/night cycles.

More cars revealed.

it's simply unbelievable how much does an evo V looks like an R34 skyline :p

Cool, we can run around in a Renault Avantime. Try to beat the Top Gear record in it haha.

I thought it was confirmed that just about every GT4 car was in GT5? That would include the Avantime :p

Yeah, we already know the standard cars are from GT4. And I'm pretty sure 70 or so cars from Prologue are going to be premium additions. Add all the inevitable Japanese clones and the SLS/458/etc and we've seen pretty much all of them.

I'd love to be wrong though