Gran Turismo 5

I swear my b-spec driver is drunk-driving all the time. It's absolutely pathetic. If he doesn't have 400 more BHP than the AI, he won't win.

Also, I just now realized how absolutely ridiculous the 24Hr races will be in B-spec. In a-Spec we could just pause and take a nap but in B-Spec we're all screwed.

If there are no long straights they're useless, mine can't win the Gallardo one.
Theres no way a B-Speccer can win the historic races.

My B-Spec meatbag loves slowing down randomly. He'll hit 1st place by usually the 3rd or 4th turn, pull out like a 15 second lead and all of sudden within a lap he'll be fighting for his life to stay in the lead. And yes, after hitting first I tell him to slow down, then maintain. And the AI doesn't get much faster, he lap times just fall off terribly, while never even going 'hot' for a mood.

On the bright side, I got a free tvr for a lvl 9 car.. woo, go go epic death trap!

Anyone here beat the truck race at Daytona in B-Spec? I'm using the truck that I won through a challange which has 200hp more than the other cars and a weight reduction, but the driver (Lv15) is dead last by the end of the first lap.

You tell him to go faster, he brakes, says ok, then gets overtaken. :lol:

I forget which race it was, but he literally had 3x the power and half the weight as everyone else. He did 3 full spins on the track and still won by 22 seconds haha. He's talented, but has some massive retarded moments

Is there anyway of getting photos online without having to export to XMB, and quitting the game?

If there are no long straights they're useless, mine can't win the Gallardo one.
Theres no way a B-Speccer can win the historic races.

I must have put over 100k into that Gallardo (after the initial cost) to get my driver to be able to win that one stinkin race.

As to historic, I've got a boxfan chapparral that begs to differ :p

You tell him to go faster, he brakes, says ok, then gets overtaken. :lol:

Little known fact: The overtake command actually tells your driver to run into the back of the car in front of him repeatedly.

I must have put over 100k into that Gallardo (after the initial cost) to get my driver to be able to win that one stinkin race.

My Gallardo has everything... he ended 12th.

As to historic, I've got a boxfan chapparral that begs to differ :p.

Where do you find the Chapperral?

Little known fact: The overtake command actually tells your driver to run into the back of the car in front of him repeatedly.

I know it's ridiculous.

Did the first endurance race in my Silvia race car, and I found using medium tyres over soft to be pointless. The softs would last a lap or two less, but they were much faster all the time before it. It might be because I haven't tuned the car to remove the understeer, so it would eat front tyres endlessly.

I don't know why everyone's B-Spec drivers are mentally challenged. My 2 drivers seem fine. I've had maybe one or two occasions when they do something stupid, but other than that, they overtake when told to overtake, speed up when told to speed up, and slow down when told to slow down.

My Gallardo has everything... he ended 12th.

Where do you find the Chapperral?

Hrm, your driver must think he's on the filming set of Tokyo Drift.

I just spammed the overtake button in the Gallardo race until he took first, then cooled him down a bit and maintained pace. He drove the Gallardo a lot worse in Eiger, where he spun out three times and drifted every turn like a frickin champ.

A friend sent me the 2J (2D is weaker, I think. I always forget which is which, but I'm referring to the box with jet fans). I think he's level 25 or 26 and didn't need it so I've been using it and it literally blows by everyone. I think it can show up in the used lot but I haven't seen it. My used lot is full of trash most of the time, that or stuff I can't get because of my rank.

I finished my third endurance, the second takes 4 hours, the third 2 hours. :blink:
My B-Spec is only a 17.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for so long for a DTM car to appear in the used car lot.

I've seen an Audi A4 DTM car in there, was very tempted to buy it.

lol crash
I love lifting other cars up when you have a pointy-nosed car. In the muscle car race at Monza if I braked too late and hit the back of another car, I could drive underneath it in my Corvette Stingray while causing very little damage.

Has anyone done the GT World Championship? I'm trying to do it in my Ford GT on Sports Soft tires, and by the end of the the 2 laps of LeMans, the tires are shred to shit. They're still usable for the Nurburgring, but not for anything after that. I can hardly keep it in a straight line. And there are still 3 5-lap races after that. I just tried to pull into the pits to get a new set, and nothing, just dropped from 2nd to 12th, and riding on the same shitty tires.

EDIT: Just invested in a set of Racing Mediums. Lets see how that works.

EDIT2: Those hardly lasted 1 lap of LeMans.

Last edited:
Also, I just now realized how absolutely ridiculous the 24Hr races will be in B-spec. In a-Spec we could just pause and take a nap but in B-Spec we're all screwed.
Exactly! Mr. Yamauchi seriously expects you to sit through a 24hr real-time race only to press a button every two minutes so your driver doesn't fall asleep. No pause button for you, Sir, and no in-race-saving. Enjoy! :lol:

Every fucking time they release a game, this gets worse. Don't they have any test players? You just need to play this game for one day and can come up with an endless list of things which should be different. And the worst thing is that doing it right from the start would have been the same amount of work for PD. They just decided to make so many things in the game so very stupid because they could. :rolleyes:

Has anyone noticed if the Chassis rigidity thing actually affects the cars overall performance?
I think it doesn't affect cars performance at all. Am I correct?

If so....

??? What. The. Fuck. ???