Gran Turismo 5

Ok I'll give that a try, and I'll give my RX8 better tires. What usually happens is the car will start going sideways a bit, I countersteer slightly, and then the car wildly spins the other direction without warning.

edit: The steering setting was on 'amatuer' which gives countersteer assistance. Not helping. Set it to simulation and it's much better.

Last edited:
I asked this before but no one answered so I'll go again. Which car did you guys use for the historical sportscars races? I won Monaco in a fully modded Countach but it's too slow on the straights for Deep Forest.

I'm now able to log into gran-turismo.com

I wasn't able to do that before it tells you a lot of info...

etc and friends stuff.

Your pictures show up, so no more export to XMB just get them off the site.
Theres a picture link bottom right, only 8 photos though?

It only shows the pictures you have set to online ;)

Ok I'll give that a try, and I'll give my RX8 better tires. What usually happens is the car will start going sideways a bit, I countersteer slightly, and then the car wildly spins the other direction without warning.

edit: The steering setting was on 'amatuer' which gives countersteer assistance. Not helping. Set it to simulation and it's much better.

The DGFT shouldn't be affected by the simulation vs amatuer setting. Only the 3 wheels that are highlight when choosing the setting are effected. (I think the DF Pro and the two other cheaper logitech wheels).

I asked this before but no one answered so I'll go again. Which car did you guys use for the historical sportscars races? I won Monaco in a fully modded Countach but it's too slow on the straights for Deep Forest.

I used the 1970 Toyota 7 Race Car. It is the open top with the gigantic wing on the back and the open rear wheels. I won it in B-Spec on one of the Expert or Professional races. Sorry I don't remember the exact one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_7

Posted this on the Planet:

I used a '69 Chevrolet Camaro I bought at the Chevrolet dealer. It is one of the few cars that can be race-modded at GT Auto. This gives you the advantage of having adjustable downforce, something which helps the handling greatly and is more or less a necessity when facing a pack of race cars. I also tuned it to the maximum including soft racing tires, though it later turned out that the supercharger is expendable since it does not add any more power at higher revs.

Anyway, the total cost of this project should be somewhere between 300,000 and 400,000 credits including the car, and it enabled me to win every race of this event quite easily. It handles very well, is pretty much equal to the fastest cars in the pack in terms of raw acceleration and declasses the AI under braking and in the bends.

The DGFT shouldn't be affected by the simulation vs amatuer setting. Only the 3 wheels that are highlight when choosing the setting are effected. (I think the DF Pro and the two other cheaper logitech wheels).

Driving Force and GT Force ;)

I'm actually pretty happy that my old Driving Force is still supported, though I do plan on upgrading at some point.

It only shows the pictures you have set to online ;)

Ah ok.

Something odd happened earlier, B-Spec endurance ended and the game was stuck on the GT splash screen for a minute or two. It fixed itself and has been fine since.

I just got a pretty good upgrade offer from Fanatec because my standard padels are fucked again. Guess I'm gonna have Clubsports soon. I wonder if the SRT boys were right in saying "they give you an unfair advantage"...

My new B-spec driver is A.Ferrari :lol:

E.Ferrari would have been more epic, but this way he is a car rather than a person.

I also have C.Gallardo.
Naturally he drove my Gallardo in the Gallardo Cup.

I have E.Ferrari along with O.Kok. I want my third driver to be C.Norris, as this was one of my opponents in the MINI cup today. No luck when clicking through the names for an hour though I stumbled upon H.Ford.

So playing in arcade today.

Picked the sarthe, no chicanes 2005. Then decided to have a go in the GT-R because I've not had a try in it yet. Now the past time I did this I picked the lexus IS-F and was pitted against similar metal.... M3, M5 etc.

So I expected more of the same. Audi R8, lambos etc.

Instead the grid for the race consisted of: TVR Speed 12's, some Bugatti Veyrons, some caddy Cien concepts, Ferrari Enzo's, McLaren F1's and something else that I've never heard of before.

That was like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Technically you might win. Likely hood is you get shot in the face. By the straight I'd managed to get to 8th. But then game over. As I maxed out just beyond 200... Everyone else sailed past at hyper speed. I didn't even get glimpse of the veyrons and barely a look in with the speed 12. I matched the speed 12 in acceleration till about 3rd or 4th then I just seems to pull like a train quite swiftly into the distance.

Not really a fair race, but i guess they rate the GT-R pretty highly in japan lol!!

Probably because it's so good round corners, it's in the same league, but 3.5mile straight says otherwise. Raped.

I had C.Diaz on a A-spec race with me earlier. Couldn't see her through the helmet tho. :(

Driving Force and GT Force ;)

I'm actually pretty happy that my old Driving Force is still supported, though I do plan on upgrading at some point.

Thanks, I didn't know the other names off the top of my head.

The DFGT is nice, but as with all Logitech wheels there is a noticeable dead spot for the force feedback. This doesn't effect the steering input as the cars still react to even the smallest of input. Its just that there is a dead spot of when the actual Force Feedback kicks in. I can turn my wheel side to side for a few degrees before there is any resistance from the force feedback motors. It is even like this is the expensive G25 and G27 wheels.

I do not think the Porsche branded wheels or the Thrustmaster ones have deadspots though, but I think the Porsche wheels were over $300 the last time I looked. For $150, the DFGT is a great upgrade from the lower end logitech wheels. The best part I like is that it has a bigger steering wheel. The wheel on my Drive Force Pro is tiny compared to my DFGT.

And if anyone is looking for a cockpit setup, the Obutto racing chair looks like the best price. http://www.obutto.com/ In America the price is only $429. They have a comparison chart between the other Racing cockpits you can buy and they compared the base price and then the price after buying all of the accessories. The Obutto comes out several hundreds of dollars cheaper than the other chairs, and even a couple of the chairs it is over $1000 cheaper once you add in the price of accessories. If I had a bigger apartment and $479 I would buy that chair in a heartbeat.

EDIT: This is the site that has the comparision chart. http://www.mainperformancepc.com/obutto This is also the only place to order it in America. The official Obutto website has links to purchase it in other countries. Also, Main Performance had this on sale for $329 2 months ago. I tried to scrape as much money as I could to buy it but I had to many medical bills to pay. Still, even at $479 its a great deal.

Last edited:
So I've been driving lap after lap with a stock Rx8 at the Nurburgring at night. Damn this game is fun.

If anybody wants to give it a go, I did an 8:29, one slight off, but otherwise a very solid lap. Car has sports exhaust, sport medium tires, and racing intake manifold. Otherwise it is bone stock.

Thats a good time. I ran an 8:32 with Sport Hards and all drivers aids off except ABS set to 1. Everything else still dealer stock.

The RX8 is one of my favorite cars, but I am biased as I have owned one IRL before.

So you went from a RX8 to a Camry? Why? :p

Anyway, I just completed the Miata 4 hour race at Tsukuba. The money wasn't really worth it, but the experience points were; I got around 208,000 points, which took up around 3/4 of the bar to the next level (27). :D

I used a completely stock (didn't even get an oil change) '07 I bought new at the dealership and I was around a lap ahead of 2nd place by the end.

Also, for the Historic Championship, I'm going to wait to complete the Indy 500 race where you can win the Jaguar XJ13 Race Car (ditto with the Nurburgring 4 hour race, where you can win the Audi R8 LMS Race Car to use for the DTM championship). :D

Last edited:
Ran 8:06.331 in the RX8 with titanium exhaust, sports manifold and catalytic convertor, and sport hard tyres. It's so much fun.

You running daytime or night? I find night to be waaay more fun, but slightly harder too. You REALLY have to know the course.

8:20 with a 1991 NSX (sports hard, semi-racing exhaust) Wow...what a ride. Not the easiest thing to drive.

Last edited:
I find myself wishing PD had put time into doing more premium classic cars. I love the 300SL, but I'd like to see classic Ferraris, Aston Martins, Jags, etc.

I haven't played the game in days, just non-stop B-Spec.
I unlocked Suzuka 172 laps and it should last around 5+ hours. (B-Spec level 30. It took 5h 20m)
Their struggling though on 130+ laps, their mental strength went from full to 1/4 on the first corner.
My top guy lasted 2 laps (10% rule) But with a 26 lap lead and 50 laps to go they should be ok.

I'm hoping for a huge XP... I need that X1. :(

Credit was 56,400
XP was 354,561

B-Spec drivers went from 29 to 31 and 25 to 27.

Last edited: