Gran Turismo 5

Anyone else think that the prize cars suck compared to the last GT's?

Especially since 85% of them are standard models. I want a Lancia Stratox, Veyron, etc., but I want a nice model, not some ugly hunk of 3 polygons.

Anyone else think that the prize cars suck compared to the last GT's?

I do, in some events the gift car isn't relevant to the cars competing in the race. For example, GT All Stars @ Expert Series, you probaly enter the race with a LMP or a raced modded Corvette but you ended up with some japanese tuner cars. I mean, usually the gift car of a event would be a car you've met in the event, I would expect something like a Nissan R390 LM car (which WAS a prize car for the same event in GT3). I found the most ridiculous prize car in Formula GT
Also, gift cars become irrelevant when they can be bought in dealers/used car dealers given that everyone have a lot of spare money from XP grinding.

I hosting a Trackday online if anyone wants to join. Any Car on the Nurburgring. Server is called "Trackday of Awesome!". Join if you want to hang out and drive.

Actually, is it possible to use your own cars rather than the pre selected ones?

Last edited:
I hosting a Trackday online if anyone wants to join. Any Car on the Nurburgring. Server is called "Trackday of Awesome!". Join if you want to hang out and drive.

Actually, is it possible to use your own cars rather than the pre selected ones?

Sure is, though I don't know the details as I've never hosted. I can join in if people are still around in a few hours.

I think i found a way to use your own cars. I belive you can only use favourites from your garage. So if you want to use any car, don't forget tp favourite the ones you want to use.

EDIT: Rehosted, same name for it though.

Last edited:
I'll come and have a look.

I'm in... I'll try and bring something erm... screw it I'm bringing the X1. :lol:

EDIT: Theres 2 X1's already. :(
Chrome Prius it is then.

Last edited:
I'm having problems with the American Championship event at the moment. My Ford GT was amazing on Lacuna Sega but the Daytona is a problem. Just can't drive fast enough in those turns... Also I'm thininkg which car take to the Like The Wind.

Seasonal events are amazing. I earned easily two million credits and those make me to drive cars that I normally wouldn't.

Holy crap you people sure to f*king complain a lot.

Bitch moan one of my favorite cars isn't there, why is that not there, etc. Jesus christ. No one seemed to complain when GT3 came out that had less cas than just premium cars in this vers.

Also that track list isn't the full list. Theres still stuff that PD's not showing us (New York has to be there for instance, I drove on the dam thing 2 weeks ago).

Even if every car in the game was a Skyline, it's was still be amazing. Like someone said, it's all about the driving.

I personally can't wait. Sure theres shit there thats missing that I would have loved (Stelvio Pass, Test track (it should be there anyway), AE92/AE101 S/C's, older Euro Touring cars (E30, E190 Evo), but it's still a substantial game.

And theres always the prospect of DLC later.

/2c

What ever happened to this?

I would still love the game if the only track was the Nurburgring. I am currently in the process of driving every single car around the nurburgring at least once in a time trial. All in stock form though.

Right now I have to play more A-Spec and B-Spec as I ran out of money to buy cars.

My B Spec morons are unable to win the "Supercar Festival" Daytona race. I give them a 720HP Ford GT, 3rd place. I give them a stock Veyron, 5th place. I spam "Pace Up" and "Overtake" to no avail. One driver is level 11, the other 3, they both are unable to win. Also, a Nissan GTR staying ahead while my car is going 213MPH, 20 MPH faster than the R35 can go, is rather annoying.

I would still love the game if the only track was the Nurburgring. I am currently in the process of driving every single car around the nurburgring at least once in a time trial. All in stock form though.

Right now I have to play more A-Spec and B-Spec as I ran out of money to buy cars.

I did that for a while on GT PSP. It was actually really helpful as I got to know the track. It's tough to learn just from the few times you have to race it.

My B Spec morons are unable to win the "Supercar Festival" Daytona race. I give them a 720HP Ford GT, 3rd place. I give them a stock Veyron, 5th place. I spam "Pace Up" and "Overtake" to no avail. One driver is level 11, the other 3, they both are unable to win. Also, a Nissan GTR staying ahead while my car is going 213MPH, 20 MPH faster than the R35 can go, is rather annoying.

I think I used my 950 HP Aston Martin V8 Vantage for that :hmm:

Last edited:
What ever happened to this?

Yeah that was my mistake, It was rome I was actually driving on. My bad on that part there. /palms

Got a B-Spec driver up to level 30 now. Will say B-Spec griding atm is so redundant. Have to do the Indy 500 like 6-8 times to get from 28 to 30.

Been playing it for about 8 hours today and this is the only game that makes my eyes hurt. (I know i should take breaks etc etc)

Also me and Kevin were online and were shocked by a super fast 600 BHP FWD car, brace yourselves... SRT-4, it's amazingly fast. :blink: