Gran Turismo 5

I've also hit the X1 challenge with the pad. I've been ranting about pad steering issues before but this challenge just highlights one of the two big problems: the response to the pad input is just too slow. It takes roughly half a second for the steering wheel to straighten after I've straightened the analogue control, and going from lock to lock takes around a second. That makes things quite tricky when tackling, say, the Ascari chicane in Monza where one second takes you from the apex of the first lefthander to halfway through the righthander.

I can understand having the steering as it is for new players since it's reasonably easy to just pick up and play but why, oh why, can't PD give us more advanced players the chance to modify the steering sensitivity? Or even better, give us the an option of a direct steering input with the analogue controller so that we could concentrate on controlling the car and not vaguely trying to control the driver.

I've also hit the X1 challenge with the pad. I've been ranting about pad steering issues before but this challenge just highlights one of the two big problems: the response to the pad input is just too slow. It takes roughly half a second for the steering wheel to straighten after I've straightened the analogue control, and going from lock to lock takes around a second. That makes things quite tricky when tackling, say, the Ascari chicane in Monza where one second takes you from the apex of the first lefthander to halfway through the righthander.

If you go slightly past centre on the stick it should jump the wheels back straight ahead.

B-spec bob is taking part in his first 24 hour race, in an X1, hope he does well.

I hate when you buy a car just for the colour, and you don't get the bloody paint chip. I'm looking at you VW Samba, awesome colours too. <_<
Also the favourite cars is limited to 100... why?
I'm an idiot and buy duplicate cars, maybe a 'you have x in your garage already' when you click the car.
What's more pointless, horns or museum?

XJ220 bought. :cool: Green? I don't think so.

Last edited:
I hate when you buy a car just for the colour, and you don't get the bloody paint chip. I'm looking at you VW Samba, awesome colours too. <_<
Also the favourite cars is limited to 100... why?
I'm an idiot and buy duplicate cars, maybe a 'you have x in your garage already' when you click the car.
What's more pointless, horns or museum?

XJ220 bought. :cool: Green? I don't think so.

Obviously horns. The museum can be quite interesting sometimes, while the horns are just pointless, unless you're a bit weird.

If you go slightly past centre on the stick it should jump the wheels back straight ahead.

I haven't tried that specifically but since unwinding the lock takes around that half a second even if I have the stick pointing all the way to the opposite direction I quite doubt giving a slight opposite input would do anything.

Except for the $20 Million Ferrari P3 race car, is there another car that I can buy that'll be able to win the Historic Racing Car cup? I'm using a fully tuned Lambo Countach and it's not cutting it.

RM camaro.
This.

We're talking A-Spec I suppose, for B-Spec I recommend the Toyota 7.

In A-Spec it was quite fun with the race-modded '69 Camaro. A challenge, but still very doable if you don't screw up completely.

Would the C3 Corvette be a better choice? Since it has more hp stock. Thanks.

No. You need downforce, therefore you need a race car or a race-modded car. The '69 Camaro is by far the cheapest option and enables you to win all races in this series quite easily.

RM Camaro did the trick. Thanks for the info.

Just FYI for anyone else struggling with that race, RM Challenger works as well. That thing has stupid power but has no trouble putting it down. Now to find a car that will do it B-spec....

I would like to blow your mind... (Unless it was a coincidence? Hopefully it always works.:p)

The UCD, I kept getting the same dull cars. For instance, two identical Vectras next to each other, one had XXX more miles and cost a little less.
I changed to the XJ220 and boom.... UCD was race car galore.

The UCD is based on the type of car you're driving.

I did a quick test:
Four times with the Jag.
Three times I got a touring car (As well as an XKR and a Cerbera), 1 time nothing.

Four times with a Zonda LM.
Twice nothing, then a starion rally and a M3 GTR race car.

Four times with a VW Samba.
Four times nothing... well a Beetle and a Subaru 360 which are both RR.

Four times with a SL65.
Four times nothing... which is odd.

Strangely it doesn't seem to work with the licence trick, because seriously the same cars keep popping up SL600 and Honda Beats.

Last edited:
Well I've been driving the Zonda R for a while - first car is a Calsonic Skyline. But that's the only race car. It doesn't seem to have much of an influence if any.

^
You might be right, more testing needed...

EDIT: One time with X1, 10 million worth of cars.

Last edited: