Gran Turismo 5

New Honda Civic event up. :)

GTPlanet will have some good setups I'm sure. I haven't tried these events yet as I'm still grinding through beginner stuff... it's a lot more fun driving stock, appropriate cars even when not necessary. I won the K-car cup in a complete stock Suzuki Cappuccino with comfort medium tires and it was a damn close race, with those tires its a bit of a handful changing directions at speed.

I gave GTPlanet a quick look and it was a mess.
The thread that should have setups for those events had setups for online playing.
There were even setups for the seasonal event suggesting the use of a Race Modified Elise!

Some of the suits & helmets you win look kinda cool... I wonder if anyones ever turned their B-Spec team into the Power Rangers?

Wouldn't let me enter the Expert event with the RM version.

Exactly!
I transformed mine to RM because of that and had to buy another one to compete...

Tried 3 GTP setups, 2 made the car understeer like a shopping trolley, 1 was worse than my setup... Which consists of slamming the bitch.

So I was just racing my BMW M3 GTR Race Car... while kinda watching (listening) to the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Right at the part where they go talk to Deep Thought..... seven and a half million years later, I noticed something on my car....

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2011/06/16/p1000734small.jpg

I shat bricks.

That said, I really recommend this car to everyone. I'm running it with this tune > http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5312394#post5312394 and its excellent. The tail is a bit happy, but its very controllable.

Last edited:
I forget what car I was in, but somone was in a 330, it was fast.

I've been putting the endurance races off, but decided to do the ring 4 hour one.
Because it's 4 hours it doesn't matter if you do it in an x1 or a mini cooper. I did it in my rs6, was actually quite good.

Last edited:
The settings you used for the Subaru would help too. :)

So I put the rear of the lotus on as much toe-in as the game allows, and it finally doesn't try to murder me every single corner. I got within 2-3 seconds with DS3, pretty sure I can win it with the wheel.

I actually found the Elise one the easiest, followed by the Impreza one and then the 500. I got a setup from GTPlanet which is here, and I'm using a DS3

Now I have found myself grinding away on the last Civic seasonal to get money and buy cars. 1M+ Cr in about 15 minutes is good compared to any other way to get money in the game...

The Subaru one was definitely the most frustrating. That car is an understeering pig. Beat it on about the 6th try or so.

My gift cars:

HKS EVO
GT40 spec test car II (or whatever it is)
BMW V12 LMR

The two race cars are standard, so I don't care about them, and the Evo I already have. What a lame group of prize cars...

The settings you used for the Subaru would help too. :)

I didn't really do anything special for subaru. I upped the power the maximum allowed, I lowered the weight to the minimum. I added a wing to it before I attempted the race for the first time, however I don't think this is advisable because it understeers enough without it. The first time I ran I got within 2.5 seconds of the leader, however I went off on the last corner on the first lap which cost me all that time. The next time I did it i bought the tuneable suspension which I then lowered, made the rear stiffer and the front softer, while adding some camber. This made it ever so slightly better but I wasn't faster with it so it's not needed imo.

One piece of advise I would give is to watch the Jackie Stewart topgear piece, specifically the part where he goes into 'yoda mode', where he pushes on James' shoulder. This car does not like direction changes and it has no added rotation when turning like an elise does, so you have to ease it into the corners slowly to overcome the understeer, and you are punished serverly for braking too late so avoid that. When I did it, I was braking before he ideal braking point and gently coming off the brakes before the corner to make sure I didn't overcook and lose a lot of time.

The Elise challenge I found really easy, all I did was up the power to max and add a racing gearbox and clutch. The car is so good to drive, you only have to think about turning and it will turn. The fiat 500 one I did first try after adding a low rpm turbo and detuning the engine and different gearbox. The gearbox doesn't matter though, because the power curve is flat from 2500/3000 rpm or so, so the gearbox is giving no advantage.

Hopefully that helps, I'll video the replays later.

Last edited:
Now I have found myself grinding away on the last Civic seasonal to get money and buy cars. 1M+ Cr in about 15 minutes is good compared to any other way to get money in the game...

Wow, you are not supposed to be able to grind seasonals, but yes SSR5 takes under 5 minutes and 345k, compared to the x1 grind which gets you 85k.

... And a free suit too.

Last edited:
And theres 9 million credits. :cool:

Non of the seasonals are credit locked anymore.

Last edited: