Gran Turismo 5

Helloooooooo, Miura!
Finally!

Wondered why it was close on the first race with a civic race car, then was 2nd in the 2nd race. Finally realized that I had comfort soft tires on, no wonder I was off at most corners.

Gold Chome!!!! Wooooo

Finally.

EDIT: And now its not showing up in my paint/item list :mad:

Also

While responding to a question on Twitter, Kazunori Yamauchi has thankfully shared some brief yet interesting information on the future plans for Gran Turismo 5. Here?s a human translation of his comments, kindly offered by GTPlanet community member Shirakawa Akira:

Updates are in preparation. First [there will be] bug fixes, then feature updates and DLC will probably follow. The decentralization of our studios and framework is a greater burden than I thought?.

This confirms suspicions that Polyphony Digital?s move to Fukuoka has resulted in a recent slowing of GT5 software updates and Seasonal Events. Also, despite Yamauchi?s typically careful choice of words (?probably?), this is the strongest evidence we?ve had of plans to release additional downloadable content (?DLC?) for Gran Turismo 5 since Sony PR staff mentioned it last month.

UPDATE: Kazunori has since posted another tweet in response to the flurry of reactions following his previous post above. Once again, thanks to Shirakawa Akira for the translation!

We?ll make sure to live up to the expectations? It?s quite an effort. Besides, servers aren?t working completely yet. Well, we have to do nothing but our best.

:dance:

Last edited:
Ferrari F50?
Apricot Hill?
Pretty please?

Do want:

EVERY RALLY COURSE FROM GT4
FB RX-7 (really PD, you didn't include it initially? Really?)

oh...and...

PIKES PEAK INTERNATIONAL HILL CLIMB!!!

'Bug fixes' probably mainly refers to fixing the parts of the tracks where you can leave and use one of them credit loopholes.

I want them to fix the jaggy shadows.

I just want the anti-aliansing to be dealt with. Can't take any rain photos because of it.
And i don't want to collect pink helmets either.

Gran Turismo 5 Mid-Race Saves ?Under Development?

Kazunori Yamauchi is back in action on Twitter today, re-confirming one of the most-asked-for features in Gran Turismo 5 is still ?under development?. Via Google Translator:

Saving [in] the middle of the race is under development.

Being able to pause, save, and resume a race at a later time has been on player?s wish-lists since the series first introduced endurance events. Sure enough, not long after the launch of GTPlanet?s Feedback Forum ? where the community can vote on what features they?d like to see implemented or changed in GT5 - ?In Race Saves? quickly jumped to the top, having now received well over 9,000 votes.

However, as is usual, it is still unknown when such an option will become available. While this isn?t the first time Kazunori has mentioned in-race saves, this should provide re-assurance for those of you who are so eagerly awaiting the feature.

In an unbiased comment, enjoy your 2 disc racing game only available on lesser consoles. :mrgreen:

New Miata/MX-5 seasonals are up. The last race at the Eifel kart track was so fun; perfect track for the MX-5. :D

Bought everything from the OCD and made several sweet tracks in the track maker. I'll post some videos when I put a couple laps in.

New Miata/MX-5 seasonals are up. The last race at the Eifel kart track was so fun; perfect track for the MX-5. :D

It was too easy, though. Can be won with a stock Eunos. :|

I love driving the MX5 so much that I really don't care how easy they were, no aids on except 1 ABS and I was drifting around corners like a go cart; so fun!

I love driving the MX5 so much that I really don't care how easy they were, no aids on except 1 ABS and I was drifting around corners like a go cart; so fun!

It downed on me yesterday: I have around 400 cars and I keep using both the Elise and the Miata, the more forgiving cousin.