Gran Turismo 5

Online drag racing is actually pretty cool when you find a good group who do it right. (More often than I would have guessed)

Some guy in a Dodge SRT4 with a headset couldn't believe my old ass 600+hp Lexus GS300 sleeper.

Most people are using various Skylines and muscle cars though so it's hard to find unique and competitive cars to show up with.

And I tried Spa, it's a great track I'll probably buy. (1000 more colors is worth a few bucks too I suppose)

Yeah, what do you mean?

And speaking of drag racing, I wish GT5 had a drag strip track. That way we can easily practice launching from a stop, and too see how much of a different certain modifications make to cars.

Also, has anyone modified a Prius? I was bored and decided to install all performance mods that increases HP. Went from 99 horsepower to something around 160hp. However, the car didn't get any faster. It still took around 11-12 seconds to hit 60 and the top speed that I could hit on that one track with a 3 mile straight was 128mph, which is the same as when the car only had 99hp. (I do not believe 128mph is realistic in a Prius in real life)

Is this a bug or something to do with how the hybrid system works in the Prius? The only way I could make it faster was by reducing weight.

Last edited:
You'll notice that it's impossible to stress the engine due to the hybrid system and CVT. There are no tuning options for transmission so that's what you're stuck with....

Almost every time I enter the online lobby or w/e I see loads of drag races to enter. Obviously GT5 doesn't support it but from what I've seen It's usually one guy drives out in front of a group that's waiting to race and at one point they turn their car into sort of a ghost. this takes the place of the green light. you can drive right through the ghost person. I'm not sure how they do it as I haven't bothered to try. And usually it's on the "quarter mile stretch" of Indy road course.

Free Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model in Gran Turismo 5

nissan-gtr-gt500-stealth-model-gt5.jpg

To celebrate the official conclusion of the North American GT Academy competition on Speed TV (hopefully you were able to join GTPlanet?s live viewing party!), Polyphony Digital and SCEA have now made the Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model available as a free download in North America.

To download the car, head to the PlayStation Store and select ?Redeem Codes? in the top right corner. Next, enter the following code?

RD69-FJN9-5N6Q

?and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. That?s it! The code will be valid through January 30, 2012.

Much like the Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model which will be included for free in the upcoming Gran Turismo 5 DLC pack, the GT-R GT500 Stealth Model car was previously only available in the GT5 Signature Edition or as a pre-order incentive.

Once again, congratulations to the 2011 North American GT Academy champion, Bryan Heitkotter!

Only North America though; rest of the world: :tease:

Last edited:
I can?t even get the DLC...
/foreveralone

it was preorder bonus. :p

this one can be downloaded nonstop, do they show up multiple times in your garage?

12 hours in, I'm 20 laps ahead. Hasn't stopped raining I hope it drys and gets daytime soon.
I'm doing 3:30 laps, I assume I can be 2 hours ahead at around the 22 hour mark? In the dry I expect sub 3:15 laps.

Ok 15:20 and it's not gonna stop raining which is stupid, it's a 23 hour race... give me dynamic. :(
In theory about 7 hours left of actual driving and 2 of waiting. Gonna try and knock it out tomorrow.

So I'm redoing all the special events since my game crashed, and holy fuck the 3rd advanced NASCAR challenge is impossible with ABS and ASM on.

Any tips would be most welcome..

Nevermind. It seems that I always manage to gold a challenge within 30 mins of asking for tips and/or complaining about it.

Last edited:
So I'm redoing all the special events since my game crashed, and holy fuck the 3rd advanced NASCAR challenge is impossible with ABS and ASM on.

Any tips would be most welcome..

Nevermind. It seems that I always manage to gold a challenge within 30 mins of asking for tips and/or complaining about it.

Is that the one where the AI just does the pit maneuver on you? I forgot about how bad Nascar was.

I wanna buy, so PUT IT ON THE FUCKING BRAZILIAN PS STORE ALREADY, SONY!

Time to go out and buy a PSN gift card... after what happened last time, I ain't giving PSN my card #.