Gran Turismo 5

... So I decided to drive the Nissan GT-R, which had great power and brakes, but would break loose and spin at every turn, no matter how I controlled it. ....

Hahaha! That happened to me yesterday when I first played the Prologue. I couldn't stop thinking 'How this piece of sh*t is managing to break the 'Ring's record times?' It got a little better when I turned traction control, ASM off and physics to standart...

I think the game will live to the previous GT standarts, as much will likely change in it. But I felt in love with the sounds and the in-car view. Awesome!

The game may work better with a wheel than a controller, but how does that explain how awesome I was at the first three series of Gran Turismo?
Simple: the game has advanced quite a bit. I think that it will move away from being handled easily with a controller, towards wheels. In the end, it's supposed to be as real as possible. And you couldn't drive your real car very well if you had to do it with a controller, could you?

Last edited:
Dude I don't think you can argue it that way. It's far more game than Motorstorm and that still costs $60. It's full for it's price in my opinion. Yeah sure it isn't the greatest thing ever but it certainly isn't a ripoff at $40, it'd be a ripoff at $60.
Agreed.

Dude I don't think you can argue it that way. It's far more game than Motorstorm and that still costs $60. It's full for it's price in my opinion. Yeah sure it isn't the greatest thing ever but it certainly isn't a ripoff at $40, it'd be a ripoff at $60.

Let's see what $40 has gotten me in the past:

Full version of Test Drive: Unlimited (whole fucking island of Oahu as my track)
Full version of Call of Duty 4
Full version of Orange Box (has like a million games in one :lol:)
Full version of Bioshock (actually only cost me $30)

I don't pay retail for anything, except for Gears of War which I sort of regretted. I wait for sales or killer deals on Amazon. That's why I could never pay the same amount for six tracks.

That's why I could never pay the same amount for six tracks.
... which you don't have to. Noone forces you to buy Prologue. If you feel like you're being ripped off, just leave it in the shop. :)

Let's see what $40 has gotten me in the past:...

...That's why I could never pay the same amount for six tracks.

Well you got to remember they'll be adding stuff in updates to come, including the much talked about first appearance of damage in any GT game.

Also if you can't handle the GTR then don't drive it, it's one of the more unstable cars in the game so of course your going to be disappointed with it jumping right up to that. The only car I've driven in GT5P that's more unstable than the GTR is the Ford GT, the thing is all over the place but I figured out a trick to taming it. If you put the gear in one gear higher than recommended it substantially stabilizes the car in the turns, of course you want to use the normal gears in the straights.

The GT-R unstable in GT5P???? That car sticks to the ground like a rock!!! Even with all the aids turned off and pro physics it's really difficul to make it slide.

Bear in mind, GT5 is NOT Forza, the behaviour of the cars is completely different. Both try to make it as real as possible but both focus on different aspects of driving. You just have to get used to the game like I had to get used to Forza and then you will discover the real deal.

But the GT-R is not unstable at all c'mon!! :lol:

^Well what's interesting is that it seems to depend on the race. For some races it's literally glued to the track and to get it to slide would take putting the handbrake on but in other races it'll skid whether you your on the gas or off it. The only probs I've had was in one of the races at the High Speed Ring, one race at the Daytona Oval, and in arcade or 2-player racing at High Speed Ring. At High Speed Ring, normal direction, I would have probs with it getting oversteery when I let off the gas in the first turn and I'd have the same problem at Daytona too but in both ends of the track. Like I said it was only a couple races, in the others it's glued. I think it may have to do with the mandated tire on each occasion and the tire I chose for Arcade and 2-player racing those couple of times.

^ Tires change the behaviour of the cars a lot! They are completely different beasts depending on which tires are you on. About the GT-R it is true that it seems to have some grip issues in very specific conditions. One of the issues I found was that if you brake really hard with the GT-R the car tends to loose grip and slide to one side. I haven't found any other car that has this sudden loss of grip when braking.

The other case I lost grip with the GT-R is with second gear which revs really fast and slides the car to one side, but it's easily controllable. I wish I wasn't so lazy to setup my wheel this way I would be able to control the throttle much better. But hey! I like challenges:cool:

I don't remember the settings I was using, but I was on that track with lots of U-turns, somewhere in Switzerland.

All you Prologue owners: you've got to come online and play with us (not right now, I mean at all). There is a bunch of Suzuka races in thre classes (500, 600 and 750 performance points) which are awesome already and become better every day. I've never had so much tight and clean racing in my life! :w00t:

Add me! :p

Viper007Bond

I've been busy with the end of the term coming up, I haven't been able to play any game in about a week or so. After next week though, I've got a whole week off. :yes:

omg i just found out the update today, silly me.
i put aside my GT4 since february coz finished the game and bought every car, now I gotta get the update when i go home

question: it updates itself when i enter the game? or I download from PS store?

question: it updates itself when i enter the game? or I download from PS store?

If you're signed into PSN, it'll update on it's own when you start the game.

If it doesn't self update when you first start the game, just go to either News or GT-TV, a update message will pop up.

the Interceptor, been busy recently but I gota try out those races. When I first got my Japanese version I used to spend HOURS and HOURS saving the fastest ghost on rank board and trying to beat their time :p

If it doesn't self update when you first start the game, just go to either News or GT-TV, a update message will pop up.

Oh, right.

All you Prologue owners: you've got to come online and play with us (not right now, I mean at all). There is a bunch of Suzuka races in thre classes (500, 600 and 750 performance points) which are awesome already and become better every day. I've never had so much tight and clean racing in my life! :w00t:

It's a shame you can't make custom online races with the people you want. Everytime me and my friends want to play online we have to call each other and agree with the track and car and push the start button at the same time. :?

I'd love to play online against you guys! But please not Suzuka!!! I hate so much that track! Argggghhhh!!!:mad:

:lol:

Has anyone else tried the real-time car settings menu that Polyphony "hid" in the game?

I was playing around last night and set up the adjustments to work on the G25. Wow! It made the 06 Impreza a force to be reckoned with. Too bad so few cars can use the center differential controls, and (oddly) it seems every car, no matter what you choose for driving aids, has ABS on always unless you turn it off in that menu. And once I turned it off things got very "interesting".