Gran Turismo 5

ITT: This game sucks because it's not out yet.

I'm impatient also, but if it's going to result in one mega game, I'm prepared to wait.

haha wait wait...what happened to the "April" release date?

Prologue came out 2 years ago.

This game better be good enough to run a small industrialized nation.

5 years in development and... 11 new screenshots. ;) This really is annoying.

W-w-w-wait...on that driving shot of the back of the R8...they rendered a bicycle in the background. Has the GT5 development finally jumped the shark?

That 2nd G37 pic shows A LOT of rough edges.

Apart from that, those renders look fantastic. This will be well worth the wait (probably... :p).

That 2nd G37 pic shows A LOT of rough edges.

Apart from that, those renders look fantastic. This will be well worth the wait (probably... :p).

Sony has an in-house AA system used in games such as God Of War III and Uncharted 2. GT5 will be using that system too so we probably won't see any rough edges.

Sony has an in-house AA system used in games such as God Of War III and Uncharted 2. GT5 will be using that system too so we probably won't see any rough edges.

I think he means the level of detail on the car, not the AA.
Here are a few 100% crops...You can see the polies in some, you can tell the bad reflections in others, some both. Have a look at say this lambo or this enzo and you'll see that those are much higher quality. (p.s. the plastic covers on that enzo are much better than the pic on the previous page, the other one may have been an early version.)
Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

Dunno if you guys would have seen it in the forza thread but can you imagine any of those pics in the "guess the car" game? I don't think it'd go down too well.
(starting at this post and continuing for the next couple of pages.)

Some sony rep is going to see this thread, and they are going to remodel all of the cars. :lol:

I think, honestly, it looks good enough and probably as good as PS3 hardware can support with 1000+ cars. The CF is very weak though.

Honestly, are you going to notice those tiny flaws sitting on your couch watching the cars zoom by at 100 mph?