Gran Turismo 5

2001_09_3---Letter-I_web.jpg

1239738717849.png

2508796065_6468468b1e.jpg

I didn't know one trailer could contain that much win.

I am most amused by all the XBox, PC, Forza and fans having to admit it is epic. :lol:

^ I never had a problem with it. Matter of fact, this game is now the "system seller" for me. I'm so getting one now.

... this is the sound of a "I will never have a console - PC-gaming rules" person crying ... AND IT?S ME ... :cry:

Someone's missing out. :p

I bought my PS2 purely for GT4 and maybe the one or two other occasional games. But yeah, I'm kind of warming to console gaming now - Less time worrying about upgrading hardware, more time actually gaming.

And with the Top Gear test track now in the game, we can start doing a FG powerlap board with the most ridiculous cars :lol:

Last edited:
And with the Top Gear test track now in the game, we can start doing a FG powerlap board with the most ridiculous cars :lol:

Come on, you KNOW this will result in a huge, epic thread.

I still have the original, Japanese release version of GT4. And a matching white PS2 from the Prologue special edition package :p

PS2GT4P.jpg

Last edited:
Depending on what comes with the special edition, this may be the first time I actually buy something like that. And yes, a power lap thread is absolutely necessary (plus we can see who is a better driver than the Stig, ignoring the whole video game vs. real life thing).

I'd be extremely happy if a white PS3 was released as a GT5 package. I'd gladly pay the premium, and it'd match my old console.

Speaking of which, Suzuki Liana and Chevrolet Lacetti need to be in the game. Plus it would be fun to mod them and see how fast they can get.

Speaking of which, Suzuki Liana and Chevrolet Lacetti need to be in the game. Plus it would be fun to mod them and see how fast they can get.
We could also make TG-based forum challenges. Remember the guys failing at making an Avantime go as fast as an Evo around the track? Why don't we try to make it better? FWD cars only, fixed overall budget (car + tuning) -> "Beat the Evo with your FWD budget crap car" challenge is go!

Last edited:
I'll be getting a ps3 and a 42'' TV just for this game :) I've been a forza fan for years but i got a DFGT like a year ago for 70 dollars (barely) used, and thats a good enough excuse for me! :)

Ok the redbull hanger is fucking awesome.

Red bull racing owns a lot of vintage aircraft, including one of the FEW (less than 15 I believe) still flying P38 lightnings, which you can see in that picture. Polished aluminum FTMFW

I wonder if you can race an F4U Corsair around the Nordschleife.

Well after sifting through the last 3 pages I'm just as amazed by the release trailer as everybody else. I'm guessing when you select the Top Gear test track the stig is automatically the driver, or that's how I would expect it to work anyway.

Power lap board for finalgear is going to be epic though, I'm already thinking of the possibilities.

:lol: that would NEVER happen. The PS3 itself costs $300 right now, a G25 is also around $300, and the game will be $60.

Oh I know it's never gonna happen. But a guy can dream. I'll just have to get myself into debt buying a big TV, ps3, logitech wheel, and the game itself :p

Still, it will be worth it to drive on the top gear test track.