Gran Turismo 5

Nobody seems to care how ridiculously unrealistic the cars seem to float about. I don't care if there is 800 cars, how they are modeled or how the dirt effects look like when they drive like that clinically. Or is it just the replays?

Last edited:
a little of the shine from E3 has worn off for me hearing more about the 800 cars that are just imported with no interiors at all, and seeing the screens.

But then i remember the 200 cars that do have cockpits and incredible detail, (hopefully spoton audio) and the fact there is the Top Gear track and that saves it for me.

I don't know about you guys but I'd rather have 200 premium cars and 300 with a little less detail inside then 200 premium cars and 800 with no interior at all.
You'd think that they'd do everything great after all those delays but instead they spent time on modeling environments to photograph your car, which if you ask me, is far less important.

You really like to nickpick guys. The dust clouds not realistic enough???? You people always seem to only notice the defects of a game and not its new features. This is a GT5 thread not the Forza fanboys GT5 bashing thread. I was told the same in the Forza 3 thread when the game was released, so please, if you care for the game stick to the features: NASCAR, Night racing, Damages, possible new cars, Top Gear Test Track/Stig, Online Multiplayer functionality, WRC licensed cars etc. I think there are plenty of interesing and cool features to talk about instead of dust clouds or car interiors.

Said the GT fanboy. :p There are definitely some great new features and we're all looking forward to it, but after this many delays and only the "good kind" of information such as car interiors leaking out, I think some of us were expecting a lot more.

Said the GT fanboy. :p There are definitely some great new features and we're all looking forward to it, but after this many delays and only the "good kind" of information such as car interiors leaking out, I think some of us were expecting a lot more.

x2

To be honest I quite like the dust clouds the way they are and all of the other new features , but this car interior thing is just stupid... Premium Cars ? Either don?t do interiors and damage , or do it for all the cars (Forza has 400 cars with interior and damage and didn?t have any delay?s )

just saw this on YouTube, some footage from E3 of a Ford GT racing at the Top Gear track. great to see that on the grass looks as bumpy as it does when the celebs venture off track.

shocked by the invisible barrier tho !

on the grass at around 2:50?

as long as it's just on the grass but during a hotlap/time trial/free lap session you can go anywhere then that would be fine. im hoping to be able to do some speed runs down the main runway like Jezza has done many times. If they dont allow you to do that then it will suck.

Wondering where the camera angles came in from the trailer, making it look like it was part of an episode, could that be a mode in the game perhaps??? Would be awesome to make your own segments with camera angles, filters, etc

yeah would be awesome to record Top Gear like segments :D. I hope we will ;)
I'm still honestly willing to play this game

Wondering where the camera angles came in from the trailer, making it look like it was part of an episode, could that be a mode in the game perhaps??? Would be awesome to make your own segments with camera angles, filters, etc

Well, it seems there is still more to be announced:

GTPlanet said:
After all we?ve learned over the past week, is the best still yet to come? That?s what Sony?s associate Gran Turismo 5 producer Chris Hinojosa-Miranda hinted at during this video interview with ?Gamestradamus?. When asked about his ?favorite feature? in the last question of the interview, Chris responds ?Eh..that is undisclosed.? Chris also mentions that they?ve listened closely to the ?forums and blogs? (read: us) when choosing how to implement the game?s online features and functionality.

Maybe some sort of 'movie mode' a bit like the 'photo mode'.

Well, it seems there is still more to be announced:

Maybe some sort of 'movie mode' a bit like the 'photo mode'.

I think it's a track editor. As far fetched as it sounds, it has been talked about in interviews before (link and link) that the team are working on one. If someone asked you "what is your favourite feature?" on the spot, a track editor (assuming that there is one) would be the first thing that most of us would think of. Plus, such a thing would be difficult to show in a trailer, so it would make sense to leave it unconfirmed until later.

Last edited:
... or weather

a track editor would be great, especially for the Top Gear track if they've put invisible walls to stop you from using the whole airfield. But on the other hand doing a 24hr race at The Ring or Le Mans with weather during the night would be awesome. Either of the two i'd be happy with

Thinking about the lights and the day/night cycle, i wonder if you can "Initial D" the AI?

Last edited: