Gran Turismo 5

Well, the European bundle works out that you get the game for free. Amazon.co.uk is listing the bundle for ?284.99, the game itself for ?49.99 (on sale for ?37.91), and a 320GB Slim PS3 for $284.88 (on sale for ?269.99).

Found a 'making of' video from the most recent ad.

I now believe in my theory even more.
For those that missed it, my theory is that those aren't just random cars off a toy store's shelf, but rather, every car that goes down that slide is in that game.

And if my theory is correct, We're going to have a BMW X6 in the game. (at 1:05 in the video - do not want, but if it must be, then hopefully its an X6M)

Last edited:
Found a 'making of' video from the most recent ad.

snip we love cars we love cars

I now believe in my theory even more.
For those that missed it, my theory is that those aren't just random cars off a toy store's shelf, but rather, every car that goes down that slide is in that game.

The easiest way to confirm or deny your theory is to see whether you can find a Porsche :p (I know RUF is there. Maybe if you can spot a Caymen or a Cayenne)
Although did anyone notice the FT-86 model?

Now my head is going "welovecars welovecars" :glare:

The easiest way to confirm or deny your theory is to see whether you can find a Porsche :p (I know RUF is there. Maybe if you can spot a Caymen or a Cayenne)
Although did anyone notice the FT-86 model?

Now my head is going "welovecars welovecars" :glare:

That's what I said last time.

I've watched that clip a lot of times now, and not once did I see a Porsche. Porsche models are sold at every toy car kiosk of every mall, and at every toy store. Surely they would have picked one up purely by chance if they just grabbed random ones.

Ah..I was lazy to see whether that was mentioned the last time :mrgreen:

Although now I wonder whether PD uses models to get an idea of how to model the car...or for some other reason. Because if they do, the people who made the advertisement can just borrow the models. So then each of the model shown in the ad would be included in the game. Mind you this idea just popped into my head out of nowhere :p

So... was there or was there not a Chevy Astro van? I NEED TO KNOW!?! (I barely caught a glimpse of it in this film, I believe its the boxy Green/Tan van thing that rides down the right side of the screen/left side of the slide)

Last edited:
Can't tell for sure but I don't think so. Still, could be any number of Japanese vans like it. Doesn't look exactly like an Astro either.

If all those cars are in the game it will be awesome. I saw a Volvo V70 at 0:53, sure hoping for some 24h Estate Race around N?rburgring.

Well I looked carefully and couldn't find any Porsches, so I'm thinking those cars were all picked out intentionally. This makes me excited since there are multiple shots of a Diablo in that video.

At around 1:03, there's a silver SUV on the right edge close to the front that looks like a Land Rover Freelander...:hmm:

If all those cars are in the game it will be awesome. I saw a Volvo V70 at 0:53, sure hoping for some 24h Estate Race around N?rburgring.

I saw at least two Starions in there too, iv been looking for a game with a Starion in it for ages. Forza 3 promised one in a car pack but its 6 months overdue.
Can't wait to finally take one for a good hard drive without it breaking down. :p

Me: yeah it's all nice and good and....dude was that a capri? I swear i saw a capri an all of those models.

Ignoring all the weird Japanese stuff.... we get to see a car rollover

Also at 0:51 (car selection screen), is that a pickup truck at the very right?

The first rollover was hilarious.

Last edited:
At around 1:03, there's a silver SUV on the right edge close to the front that looks like a Land Rover Freelander...:hmm:

GT4 had the Range Rover Stormer concept so I think it's quite probable we will be seeing sone RR's in GT5.

341416038_478078d385_o.jpg

Last edited: