Gran Turismo 5

I dunno... the Astro is more boxy. I thought Daihatsu Move but the rear window doesn't match.

Damn 90s generic minivans...

I would have thought late 90s Honda StepWgn

4970825b.gif

im waiting to see what the GT5 + PS3 bundles might be like.... though now my MBP is 6ft under, i may have to postponed driving game bliss for the need of a new laptop

McLaren on dirt. As if I needed to be more hyped up for this game

I agree about the sound being way off, Just from memory of years ago I know the F1 sounds nothing like that.

For some reason that whole video seemed like GT4 to me.

Seems like the CE is starting to become sold out. Just ordered mine of Amazon. And they're offering Release-Day Delivery for $0.99.

Looks like it randomly generates circuits between a given number of points. Awwww :(

So it's not a proper full on editor?

Looks like it randomly generates circuits between a given number of points. Awwww :(

You guys are only just figuring this out now?

It's procedural. You define the length, the curvyness, the hilliness, etc. Then it generates it for you in a slightly random way.

That way you maintain the quality standard and still give people plenty of variety.

I knew it was simple, but I didn't realize that it was that simple. Oh well.

As long as I can still define length = long, curvyness = 0, hilliness = 0 and max out a tuned Veyron.

I wonder if the Veyron SS will be in GT5.

What I'd love to do is recreate an Oval Nascar track (which will be in the game anyway) and see if F1 can actually drive around it without braking or slowing down and also compare it's speed/time to the actual Nascar.

I knew it was simple, but I didn't realize that it was that simple. Oh well.

As long as I can still define length = long, curvyness = 0, hilliness = 0 and max out a tuned Veyron.

I wonder if the Veyron SS will be in GT5.

It's a bit more detailed than that. Obviously you can set weather and time of day. You can also edit each sector. If you want a curvier sector, you can tell it to put more hairpins in (or only high speed sweepers, or a mix). If you want a straighter sector, you can tell it that too.

I inspected the video a bit more closely and it appears that the topography is not editable. Rather, the game will place the circuit somewhere onto the map, possibly in an area coinciding with the "hilliness" value you put in.

In addition to Toscana, it looks like we have a circuit-themed area, a mountain-themed area (or at least more hilly), and a rally area.

You won't ever get me out of that course maker. A variety of circuits is far more important to me than a variety of cars.

Last edited:
I never expected a lot from the track editor but I could foresee spending an hour or two tweaking things...

Two things I wonder, though... a) can you make point-to-point stages with it and b) what's the max length for what you create. 20+km rally stages or point-to-point segment races (a'la NFS1, minus traffic and cops) would be sweeet! :cool:

Oh, and I preordered my copy (CE) yesterday. Since it's from a big store near where I live I hope I'll get the game on release date...

a) can you make point-to-point stages with it and b) what's the max length for what you create. 20+km rally stages or point-to-point segment races (a'la NFS1, minus traffic and cops) would be sweeet!
As far as I remember...

a) yes
b) 10km