Gran Turismo 5

Just when we thought we were finally going to get our hands on the game:

GTPlanet said:
Via the official PlayStation US Blog:

We can confirm that Gran Turismo 5 will not be available this November 2nd, but the game?s release will be coming this holiday season.

We sincerely apologize to GT fans for the delay, however, creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating the perfect racing experience, and we are confident that this ambitious game will exceed expectations when it launches.

Expect this delay to apply to all regions around the world ? I will update this post as other official sources continue to update for Europe, Asia, and Australia/NZ.

:rofl:

I was thinking there was a lack of press less than 1 month to launch.

Anyone surprised?

Honestly, I'm getting very tired of this spiel. If this game wasn't about cars, I wouldn't have an ounce of caring left to give.

I generally hate the FFFFUUUUU image as much as Quciky does, but I believe this is an appropriate situation to use it. Still, to be on the safe side,

*insert FFFFFUUUUU image here*

I just hope we can create 10km long straights.

It was due out in 3 weeks, so how late do they leave it to press and ship millions of games?

Last edited:
I just hope we can create 10km long straights.
That I hope as well. For a long time I have been longing for a virtually endless straight on which I can really max out cars. And as far as I know, the course editor allows completely straight parts, so it should be possible.

... given they ever actually release the game ...

is it truly possible that Duke Nukem Forever may be released before GT5, that would be very ironic.

As posted by GTplanet on Twitter:
257kbba.gif

I do find it genuinely funny.

Update: SCEA tells Kotaku that the delay is indeed global adding that they can't elaborate on whether "holiday season" could mean early 2011. When asked for specifics about the cause of the delay they only said that "Polyphony is optimizing ever aspect to provide the best racing experience."

While SCEA won't confirm a 2010 release, the Europe arm of Sony Computer Entertainment says the game will be out by Christmas.

So in essence what you are telling me is that I just put $67 yesterday on a game that's been delayed today?