Gran Turismo 5

Hahahahaha...

Hahahaha!!!

I fucking knew it!! Hahaha...

I still think I'll get a PS3 this year. This can only be a minor delay...

yeah i think ill be buying one anyway this year, i want a blu-ray player for my TV and if i want to get GT5 and a box that can double as a good media player for my DLNA gear then the PS3 kinda encompasses everything. then ill need to be drilling holes in the side board thing i have the TV on so i can hide all the fugly looking consoles from view and route the wires better. hopefully my half meter tesco value HDMI cables will reach! (balls to expensive cables! ?3 for a 50cm one from tesco)

this game, better make my eyes explode is all im saying. it better be worth the wait.

i wont go as far as to say there better not be a single bug or imperfection.... i know thats unrealistic even given the sheer amount of time. but if there is some glaringly obvious, almost show stopper bugs, we need to take those toy cars from that advert and forcibly insert, one by one, into PD employees corn holes.

Last edited:
Production difficulties were to blame for the delay, said company spokesman Satoshi Fukuoka.

It's that pesky dashboard dust accumulation engine, it's a crucial feature but adding it meant that they game no longer fits on one Bluray.

I have the hardest time not imagining when Sony comes over to check on PD, Kaz opens the door half drunk with a cubicle behind him stuffed full of empty Kirin Ichiban bottles. "Sorry, we're just finishing up the headlight fluid equilibrium code... you know want to get this game perfect." As little drunk Japanese programmers hide the weed and giggle behinds their desks.

A GameReactor associate in Tokyo, Gregor Wildermann, has reportedly made contact with Polyphony Digital and Kazunori Yamauchi for further clarification on Gran Turismo 5?s production status:

[Kazunori Yamauchi's] reply was that the game was only three days late from their side, and that Sony has to decide what that means for the release.

This aligns with the other information I?ve received about review copies and release windows, and further suggests that GT5?s ultimate new release date will be determined by Blu-Ray production schedules ? not software development.

So the game is 3 days late on PD's side, + a few weeks on the production side. According to the link, we're going to get GT5 by December 8th at the latest. Wonder if that's actually gonna happen.

(Head slams on desk)

I swear if they stop to fix the game every time someone on the internet spots a teentsy tiny glitch, this game will never be released. To get GT5 released, what you have to do is simple, shut up. It's better if they don't know what's wrong until after the game is released.

That is Turn 10's philosophy....which hasn't been really all that grand. I just hope that when it does come out, it's utterly polished.

It's that pesky dashboard dust accumulation engine, it's a crucial feature but adding it meant that they game no longer fits on one Bluray.

I joked about it something like this on twitter. I bet it is the random engine fire generator engine for the VW bus. :mrgreen:

I joked about it something like this on twitter. I bet it is the random engine fire generator engine for the VW bus. :mrgreen:

You mean Ferrari 458.

Just popped in to say LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Maybe the delay is in rendering Duke Nukem in as the driver. :)

So, lemme get this right...

Yamauchi is saying "I just need another damn minute!"

While Sony itself is saying "It's a production thing!"

Hmmm....

My heart lurched as if my gf had broken up with me.....

What this means is that I'll have to stick up with God awful F1 2010 for some more days..... Curse you Sony ( This time it's definitely their fault and not Polyphony's)

Im sure a blueray printing plant is booked weeks or months in advance, you cant just not make your printing appointment by half a week, no matter who you are.

This is certainly polyphony's fault, and sony is left to pick up the peices and renegotiate.

I'm sort of not minding it so much, almost in a humorous maniacal way.

but seriously, I'm gonna have to pre order it a third time???

I want to hit someone in the head, badly.

more time for me to save for a TV Wheel and PS3... i am ok with it