Gran Turismo 5

By the way, does anyone knows if the Gran Turismo Anywhere feature for B-Spec has been launched yet? I can't find it on gran-turismo.com... :-(

Last edited:
Ok so we'll get it in about two years then :-D

The PS3 has to be on with the game running I guess? Well that's not really convenient is it?

My Collectors Edition finally arrived, but I can't play it until tuesday evening cause my PS3 isn't where I am right now. Looking forward to that very much, looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
In B-Spec, I found that tuning my Miata so it doesn't oversteer is very important to my racer's success. The car is supercharged, but less than 200hp. I immediately command him to overtake (which usually gets them to 2nd or 3rd place), then cool off his pace for a bit before trying to overtake again. My driver is right dead center between hot and cold.

Before I did the suspension tuning, my driver would slide all over the place and get real hot.

In B-Spec, I found that tuning my Miata so it doesn't oversteer is very important to my racer's success. The car is supercharged, but less than 200hp. I immediately command him to overtake (which usually gets them to 2nd or 3rd place), then cool off his pace for a bit before trying to overtake again. My driver is right dead center between hot and cold.

Before I did the suspension tuning, my driver would slide all over the place and get real hot.

Without a turbo it's running 180-ish. I can't afford suspension, that might be the issue.

I just saw a Veyron in used showroom 0KMs, I won't say what the price is and the level needed isn't that high.

Hey I saw that Veyron today as well. But compared too the Enzo I think the Veyron is overpriced.

FINALLY golded the Elise challenge. Keys for me: super early apex on the first turn, and just generally braking in straight of a line as possible.

The Veyron is a prize car btw (Not for Top Gear Challenge), so don't waste money buying it.

Hey I saw that Veyron today as well. But compared too the Enzo I think the Veyron is overpriced.

In one of the licences, an Enzo is in the pack and you beat it in a LFA. Theres another license with a Veyron, I was in a MP4-12C which maybe slower than the LFA? Anyway theres no way in hell i could catch it.

I hate when you win a
Prius, WTF?

I also hate the American Idol 'car acquired' music.

Last edited:
In one of the licences, an Enzo is in the pack and you beat it in a LFA. Theres another license with a Veyron, I was in a MP4-12C which maybe slower than the LFA? Anyway theres no way in hell i could catch it.

I hate when you win a
Prius, WTF?

I also hate the American Idol 'car acquired' music.

You verse an Enzo in the Grand tour Ferrari challenge around Monza. I beat it in a 430 scuderia but damn is it fast on the straights. I was going about 200 kph (and accelerating) and the thing just drove past as if i was standing still. :blink:

Might be a silly question but how the hell can i change the tires? I bought slicks for my F40 to match the Enzo at Monza (in the Ferrari race) and now I want it back on sports tires for other races but I can't work out how that's supposed to happen. When I go to the tuning menu and select sports tires all I get is some info on them but I can't change them on.

Might be a silly question but how the hell can i change the tires? I bought slicks for my F40 to match the Enzo at Monza (in the Ferrari race) and now I want it back on sports tires for other races but I can't work out how that's supposed to happen. When I go to the tuning menu and select sports tires all I get is some info on them but I can't change them on.

It's in Driving Options at the race menu.

After years of development, Gran Turismo 5 was finally released for the Playstation 3 this past week. The popular racing game comes with redeemable codes for DLC cars depending on which major retailer you pre-ordered it from. So how much are these special in-game cars worth on auction sites like eBay? Let?s take a quick look.

The Mercedes-Benz SLSAMGStealth model is an exclusive DLC car for those who reserved the Gran Turismo 5 from Amazon. Bids are going for as high as $15.50 for this item.

Best Buy consumers received the Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth model car for their pre-orders. Apparently, it is not as sought after as the others since the highest bid currently sits at $10.00.

You get two DLC cars if you pre-ordered Gran Turismo 5 from GameStop: McLaren F1 Stealth model and Joey Logano #20 NASCAR Nationwide series car. This pack was able to rake in bids as high as $26.00.

Finally, the collector?s edition of Gran Turismo 5 comes with five exclusive DLC cars: Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro Chrome Line Edition, BMW M3 Coupe Chrome Line Edition, Lamborghini Murci?lago LP 640 Chrome Line Edition, Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe Chrome Line Edition and Shelby Cobra 427 Chrome Line Edition. This five-car pack went as high as $95.00 on eBay.
http://www.examiner.com/video-game-...an-turismo-5-pre-order-dlc-cars-worth-on-ebay

Seriously?

EDIT: Yeah, seriously.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Gran-Turismo-5-...387?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b6e4a16b

Anyone know where a guy could find the prize list? There are a couple events I hate where I was wondering if it was worth golding them.

I had a quiet word with Luke Duke and now he's driving like Schumacher.
He told me he hates RWD cars. :lol:

I gave him the Mugen Motel Civic race car... it's fantastic and once he's in the lead I leave him alone. :cool:

Trying to find this bloody Avantime, I have not missed one 'new' car. (I do three races and then check used cars.) I've seen race cars, Clio's, Megane's and TWO Vectras.

Last edited:
I had a V. Small driving a Fiat 1600 Spider :p

Also, I bought an E-Type with 349,000km on it. Wat.

And the Lambo LP 640-4 with 709hp is silly fun.

My Toyota Sports 800 (only Japanese Classic I've seen under 200k Cr.) has over 398k km. And my B-spec driver just used it for a nice battle with a Dome Zero. The Dome is way faster and blasted past on the straights but I gained it back in the corners. He was ahead for the last few laps and it looked bad but he managed to get right on his ass for the last lap, and psyched him out! The Dome spun. My driver was at max "red" the whole time but has a very cool personality, I have yet to see him make a mistake.

Last edited: