Gran Turismo 5

I'm gonna try to do the 2nd German challenge with the C63, but since it doesn't stand a chance against the SLS, I'm trying to tune it to have the same power and weight specs (without spending too much money).

I did it with my M5, but it's fully tuned.
About to start the Indy 500 (200 laps), i'm finally against Le Mans racers.. wish me luck. :D

I'm gonna try to do the 2nd German challenge with the C63, but since it doesn't stand a chance against the SLS, I'm trying to tune it to have the same power and weight specs (without spending too much money). I did the stage 1 weight reduction and it shaved a massive 200kg off of the car, so it's already lighter than the SLS. Power-wise, it's got almost 600 hp, so it has a little less power, but a lot of less weight...we'll see what happens. :D

I passed it with the stock C63 on medium sports tires, and at cape ring and nurburgring GP the AI M5 was faster than the SLS. The SLS is quick at nordschleife though, had to do some blocking on the main straight.

But...where the hell do I get a car to win the historic sportscar cup? I tried with a fully modified countach but it's too slow on the straightaways for deep forest. And how the hell am I supposed to get my hands on a sportscar prototype? I've seen an used 905 for sale for 4,5 mil but i only have about 2.

Also...was the advanced karting prize the letdown of all times or what? Matte red paint, really?

What makes the National B License 5 so damn HARD?!?
All the others I managed to achieve Gold with relative ease, but that damn hairpin in Tsukuba....GAAAHHHHH!!!

FFS Indy is the worst race circuit ever made.
Admittedly going out on softs was stupid, but the pit lane takes 2 fucking minutes... on a 40 second a lap track.

p.s. I'm halfway through, so I haven't lost yet. :p

EDIT: I won the Indy 500 by 24 seconds.
The AI had the R8, it's an astonishing car. Is that the diesel one? I wonder if it makes a difference on GT?

The last 20 laps were hard, the car lost alot of power, sure enough the oil was black afterwards.
The moneys bad.
The XP is bad.
The prize is good... 20,000,000 good. :p

Last edited:
I'm so amused that you can get an LF-A in barbie pink.

final gear room is open, search Top Gear Test Track and youll see it. may do some shuffle racing!

So if I let my b-spec idiot boy race at full 'cool', on a 2 minute track he is 14 seconds a lap slower than his best time. If he races at the mid point, he is 5 seconds slower a lap. If he races where it starts to go red he is his fastest.

Good to know, but I like it better when I can start a race and go watch a movie and not worry about him... thank god the races have ridiculous standards and the R8 is considered at hatch back haha (as is the C4 wrc if you were wondering lol)

thank god the races have ridiculous standards and the R8 is considered at hatch back haha (as is the C4 wrc if you were wondering lol)

So you're saying the C4 isn't a hatchback? :p

Last edited:
Truck drivers are assholes. Specifically Ram drivers. No matter how many times I've tried the sport truck race in B-Spec, a ram driver pushes my little F-150 off the track.

Truck race, in A-spec I used the Laramie fully tuned at Daytona and for the other track i used a fully tuned Midget.

A-spec I used a mildly tuned Toyota Tacoma for both. Not looking forward to B-spec though.

A-spec I used a mildly tuned Toyota Tacoma for both. Not looking forward to B-spec though.

Likewise, though I do admit that I am not struggling as much with B-Spec racing as some are here. Might just be a luck of the draw with my level 10 fellow, though. Does anyone know which events actually support having more than one B-Spec driver in it?

Likewise, though I do admit that I am not struggling as much with B-Spec racing as some are here. Might just be a luck of the draw with my level 10 fellow, though. Does anyone know which events actually support having more than one B-Spec driver in it?

Maybe the endurance events.

For the truck race, a Chevy SSR. On B-Spec I tuned it as much as possible, around 700 hp, it worked.

And taking a Veyron to a turbo race is overdoing it a bit :D

Last edited:
My B-Spec driver is having problems with my SVT F150 in the corners. Incredible wheelspin constantly.