Gran Turismo 5

Maybe it's my pad, maybe it's the game, but my rumble stops working for a few seconds.

Last edited:
I have the Furai, I'm finding it really difficult to find a sweet spot for Daytona though; any suggestions?

What are your top speed and aerodynamics settings?

I did some back to back testing between Forza 3 and GT5 earlier today. It was actually quite interesting how big the difference in feel between the two is. Braking into Tiergarten in Nordschleife (the sequence of tightening corners at the end of the lap after D?ttinger H?he straight) in an Audi R8 V10 was rather straightforward in Forza, the car went dead straight as long as I didn't lock the wheels (and locking the wheels itself is far harder than in GT5) and you could make as much steering adjustments as you wanted while under braking without any lack of stability. Same braking in GT5 though... Car squirming all over the place, locking a wheel here, a wheel there, trying to pitch itself into the nearest hedge, and finally throwing the tail into a bit of a slide as I turned into the corner with brakes still partly engaged...

In general, Forza 3 seems to lack proper modeling of the car's mass and suspension (applying throttle or brake mid-corner does not affect the car's balance at all, only the result of the speed change alters where the car is heading). Also, there seems to be some more grip but then again I don't know what the default tires in Audi R8 are on either game so that might be the cause for that...

In the other news: Minolta-Toyota 88C. In Nordschleife. In the rain. On intermediates. 5th gear wheelspin at 150mph. Scary!!

Maybe it's my pad, maybe it's the game, but my rumble stops working for a few seconds.

I've noticed mine doesn't rumble sometimes when I expect it to. I've chalked it up to the game in my case.

Have you noticed the game locking up momentarily? I've noticed that any time there's a race with LMP or other really fast cars in it and a lot of them on screen, the whole game will freeze ever so briefly.

I've only had one crash so far and it took the whole PS3 down (rebooted to XMB). I've been backing it up pretty religiously since then.

I've just set up a B-Spec driver. His name is... O.Kok

He's actually quite decent.

I have the Furai, I'm finding it really difficult to find a sweet spot for Daytona though; any suggestions?

I set top speed to 211ish, upped the downforce a bit and got shunted into pit lane on the first lap (which subsequently put me into first for the remainder of the race).

Another note from online play: damage. On the highest setting it's quite significant. My car was hurting after a minor crash and undrivable after a major one. I was worried that the force feedback in my old wheel was going to overwork itself....

B-spec idiot spun at turn 1 at suzuka so I had to run him hard for the next 5 laps... he ran out of strength and barely made it around the final chicane.. personally I would have given him a penalty for corner cutting lol And he became very very slow, losing almost 20 seconds in one lap...

So note, don't let your driver get low on strength or face slow laps while cutting corners haha

Last edited:
I've noticed mine doesn't rumble sometimes when I expect it to. I've chalked it up to the game in my case.

It seems to only happen on certain corners.

Did Suzuka in 5:49, but in a trance and theres no competition again, 11 lap win. 300k but 618000xp
However what was interesting was at the start only the bottom right of the track had sunshine everything else was cloudy and dull. At 101 laps, sunshine took over, it was artificial and not subtle, but i liked it.

Just did the Dream Car Championship...O.O

What was with the tires? I noticed that they were in bad condition at the start of every race and that all the other cars went in for a pitstop on the 1st lap at Monza (to probably change theirs to last the whole championship) and even if you switch between rain and hard tires (my Toyota 88C has racing tires, obviously) the condition is always the same; bad at the start of every race...:?

I won it pretty easily, but it was very exhausting, especially the Nurburgring 24h circuit in the rain. Trying to drive a car with almost 1000hp that weighs under 900kg and has worn-out tires around the hardest track in the world in the rain isn't what I would call "relaxing" (I was still 1:10 ahead of 2nd place by the end of 3rd lap :D).

I'm at level 24.5 now and:

The 2nd ending movie was perfect to look at after that very exhausting championship. 1979 by The Smashing Pumpkins being played to an incredibly high-def, slow-mo video of the real-life Nordeshleife was VERY relaxing. :D

The 2nd part of the video showed some Japanese highways, probably some of the "routes" from the game with a nice piano song playing in the background was pretty nice too. :)

For some reason the Schumacher S in the A license gives me a lot of trouble and I'm 0.13 seconds short of gold. I try to go through on the gas as long as possible, but then I overshoot. Yet even just a slight tap on the breaks leads to an instant loss in time.

Just remember that just because you're on the gas early, doesn't mean you are going faster (though not so much in high speed corners). From memory you have to not hit the inside curve of the 2nd part of the s to do a fast enough time for gold.

Fucking Nascars, they're like rabbits. Yesterday I had 2, today I have 19! I have my 908 though so I'm happy.

So, you traded other cars to people for their NASCAR cars? I seriously don't see why that makes sense, unless you're a massive NASCAR fan. Surely, the one you win is enough, no? Aren't they all mechanically identical?

BTW, I won the Danny Hamlin FedEx Toyota Camry. Which one did you guys win?

Last edited: