Gran Turismo 5

god i hate b-spec if you want to watch your car be smashed play B-spec it set the car up to run 1:05's on clubman but the driver cant pull even a 1:11s and just understeers into everything. i have to keep telling myself "im doing this for the furai" over and over again

Anyone else getting rubbish prize cars?
For my birthday car I got given an '88 Honda Accord...
Holden Piazza, Mazda MX5 (Already owned), Mazda 323...
3 Lamborghini LP400s, 2 Cizeta V16T '94... Gah
Anyone want to trade anything for a V16T or a Lamborghini Countach LP400?
I'll give someone the Accord for free if anyone wants it.

ALSO If anyone needs a truck to win the B-SPEC Truck race at Daytona I have one if they need it. Came first by over 10 car lengths.

Last edited:
^ I was about to post that lol.

That B Spec FR Challenge sure is a real bitch, cant even get 9th in that with a fully maxed out Ford Mustang.

^ I was about to post that lol.

That B Spec FR Challenge sure is a real bitch, cant even get 9th in that with a fully maxed out Ford Mustang.

I used an FT-86 tuned to about 300 HP.... then you win an FT-86 G. Sports that has about 300 HP :lol:

Anyone else getting rubbish prize cars?
For my birthday car I got given an '88 Honda Accord...
Holden Piazza, Mazda MX5 (Already owned), Mazda 323...
3 Lamborghini LP400s, 2 Cizeta V16T '94... Gah
Anyone want to trade anything for a V16T or a Lamborghini Countach LP400?
I'll give someone the Accord for free if anyone wants it.

I've only had one rubbish random prize car so far. For '100 races or 2000km' I got a 2003 Xsara VTR. Other than that, I've been lucky I guess. Just got a Ferrari F430 about 5 minutes ago.

Also, is it just me, or does the AI tune the cars a lot more for B-Spec. For the Ferrari race, I was able to win in my 512BB without a problem, while never exceeding 180mph. In B-Spec, I gave my driver a tuned California, and he can get to 3rd place, but has no chance against the 2 Enzos. Even at 185mph, they're just pulling away as if he's not moving. I really don't want to buy another Ferrari (I don't think the F430 will stand a chance), because I currently have to spend a ton of money on a Gallardo for the Gallardo cup (my 4th B-Spec driver is C.Gallardo :D). I made the mistake of buying a Murcielago for the Lamborghini Exclusive race.

EDIT: Wow.... a new low. He was about to pass both Enzos on the inside of the first chicane on Monza, when they pushed him into the wall. He just sat here flooring it against the wall for about 5 seconds before backing up and continuing.

Also, just noticed that both Enzo drivers are Asian.

Last edited:
Also, is it just me, or does the AI tune the cars a lot more for B-Spec. For the Ferrari race, I was able to win in my 512BB without a problem, while never exceeding 180mph. In B-Spec, I gave my driver a tuned California, and he can get to 3rd place, but has no chance against the 2 Enzos. Even at 185mph, they're just pulling away as if he's not moving.
I noticed this, too, and I think it is a matter of luck. The B-Spec drivers nicely demonstrate that even with a much faster car, the AI has problems overtaking opponents. Also, the race events get a random set of AI cars at random grid positions. So the Ferrari race at Monza may end up with everything: a couple of Enzos racing away at the front, only one Enzo being stuck in the field for the length of the race or even no Enzo at all. Just let your B-Speccy do the same race again, and he may be fine.

Good grief. I unlocked the endurance races last night. I see one in there that I can't possibly see myself doing and another that's highly improbable.

They better pay big on credits or experience - if not, my pad is likely to get smashed into bits.

I can't comprehend my B-Spec nimrod. I gave him a Miura and he drove his ass off, fighting like hell, and showed a wheel to any car in front of him on any corner. Honestly, a damned good show. I throw him in the Vitz and had to tune it to 100hp higher than stock before he'd even attempt to pass on the straight and half the time he'd screw that up. WTF?!

Game should come with a punching bag with a B-Spec driver's face on it.

Last edited:
I noticed this, too, and I think it is a matter of luck. The B-Spec drivers nicely demonstrate that even with a much faster car, the AI has problems overtaking opponents. Also, the race events get a random set of AI cars at random grid positions. So the Ferrari race at Monza may end up with everything: a couple of Enzos racing away at the front, only one Enzo being stuck in the field for the length of the race or even no Enzo at all. Just let your B-Speccy do the same race again, and he may be fine.

All 4 of my B-Spec drivers have done this same race at least twice each. I've ended in 3rd everytime, except for once when I ended in 2nd.

Seems like they have certain mental blocks. None of them can do the Pickup race either.

In both Amateur and Professional (B-Spec), I've golded everything but one race of one series. In Amateur, its Pickups on Laguna Seca. In Professional its Ferraris on Monza. Any advice?

Last edited:
In both Amateur and Professional (B-Spec), I've golded everything but one race of one series. In Amateur, its Pickups on Laguna Seca. In Professional its Ferraris on Monza. Any advice?

POWAAAAA!

The b-specs are propably all different but my two drivers seem to have no trouble in passing others on the straightaways if they can outrun the other competitors. At least if I'm running them in 'overtake' mode. I used an F40 for the Ferrari race and the Dodge Ram Laramie for the pickups, both with power upgrades, weight reduction and best possible tyres and very little else.

POWAAAAA!

The b-specs are propably all different but my two drivers seem to have no trouble in passing others on the straightaways if they can outrun the other competitors. At least if I'm running them in 'overtake' mode. I used an F40 for the Ferrari race and the Dodge Ram Laramie for the pickups, both with power upgrades, weight reduction and best possible tyres and very little else.

Both cars I'm using (F150 SVT and California) have every upgrade (weight, handling, power).
If only I could add weight to the back of my truck to help keep the rear planted. Don't know what to do with the Ferrari.

Not really. I had to run that race repeatedly with my 3 drivers as well, and only one was able to win the race with a mildly tuned Tacoma.

13TH ATTEMPT! I WON! Passed on the the outside of the last corner of the last lap.
So much for superstitions.

Now for a similar miracle in my Ferrari.

EDIT: I think the AI and Physics broke. If only you guys could see this B-Spec race. Let me recap.

In every other attempt, my California was able to get into 3rd place, outrun only by the Enzos. This race however:
He can barely hold 9th out of 12.
Even though he is going 188mph on the back straight, everyone is pulling away.
While going 188mph, a non-Scuderia F430 passed a Scuderia 430 (and still pulling away, so that implies he must've been going at least 190).
A 512BB overtook an Enzo (also while pulling away from me - aka traveling at least 190). When I give him my 512BB that is tuned to hit 220mph, he decides that because its old, he should play it safe, and doesn't stray over 130.
An F40 overtook 5 cars (including me), while traveling straight forward on the sand at the side of the track.... at 130mph.

I don't care how much the AI tuned their cars, but I call shenanigans on that entire race.

EDIT2:
Got a 599 as a random prize car. Tuned it to 800hp, and he still couldn't keep up with the 512s on the straights. And at one point, he just casually pulled over onto the grass and stopped (didn't spin out). Waited a full 10 seconds after the last car passed before restarting.

Last edited:
I was watching this video....

and it got me thinking.....The Special Stage Route 7 is suppose to be some what of a recreation from Bayshore Route which of course features in the anime Wangan Midnight.
Then we have the "Toyota Trueno (AE86) Shuichi Shigeno Version" which is a tribute for the anime Initial D.

Now this is pretty much fine but then I remembered the addition of Karts. So could the addition of Karts be a heads up to the anime Capeta?

Now yes this probably don't mean much other than maybe for the fact that Kazunori Yamauchi is an anime fan :p But I found it sort of cool that all 3 famous racing anime has influenced GT in various forms....:mrgreen:

I was watching this video....

and it got me thinking.....The Special Stage Route 7 is suppose to be some what of a recreation from Bayshore Route which of course features in the anime Wangan Midnight.
Then we have the "Toyota Trueno (AE86) Shuichi Shigeno Version" which is a tribute for the anime Initial D.

Now this is pretty much fine but then I remembered the addition of Karts. So could the addition of Karts be a heads up to the anime Capeta?

Now yes this probably don't mean much other than maybe for the fact that Kazunori Yamauchi is an anime fan :p But I found it sort of cool that all 3 famous racing anime has influenced GT in various forms....:mrgreen:

The Sprinter is a nod. Special Stage Route 7 might be but I think it was famous before the anime.... hence the anime :p

The karts, they're just karts, it's a common way to get into entry level professional racing.

Good grief. I unlocked the endurance races last night. I see one in there that I can't possibly see myself doing and another that's highly improbable.

They better pay big on credits or experience - if not, my pad is likely to get smashed into bits.

I just completed the first Endurance race last night. You might get a little heated when you see the monetary payout (though the Exp payout is satisfactory).

What the fuck?
My B-Spec was doing the Nascar, I gave him racing inters. On the first lap he pitted for hard tyres. :lol:
The event requirement says hard, but on driving settings it lets you pick Inters.

^
There are no racing mediums?

I'm on European championship on B-Spec... you must select 2 drivers. It's a level 21 event, but I created a guy and a level 0 can join. Which is odd.

I skipped O.Cocco and went with I.Sweet. :lol:

Last edited: