Gran Turismo 5

^
There are no racing mediums?

I'm on European championship on B-Spec... you must select 2 drivers. It's a level 21 event, but I created a guy and a level 0 can join. Which is odd.

I skipped O.Cocco and went with I.Sweet. :lol:

I've had no problem entering low level B spec drivers in high level events, but they'll get tired very quickly and be ouclassed driving skill-wise.

The matter of racing mediums will require further investigation.....

I've given up trying to comprehend my meatbag driver. He can't control a 200hp Dome-Zero if his life depended on it (seriously, he couldn't take 1 corner without spinning out). Same experience level, drives my seriously upgraded (he's driving it currently so I don't know it's power rating) GT350R 100% flawlessly... ON THE SAME DAMN TRACK.

He went from 0-12 in 3 races.

:blink:
Do tell... I can't get mine to jump like that.

Ran the first endurance event today. Can't comprehend why every AI driver comes off line and turns into me when I pass - or what the hell their tire strategies were. Seemed like they ran until black, put in five more laps, then pitted. Looked like the Ice Capades.

B-Spec Rage at Daytona in the Muscle Car race:
In second on the first lap, off the infield onto the banking and rather than drive around the Dodge, my Nomex sack of bones decides to ram him and carry him down the track a good way. Nothing the Dodge can do because his rear axle gets completely lifted.

Was amused enough to save it - I should have gotten a pic of what he did to the Gallardo in the Lambo race - EEK!

bspec_rage.jpg

Last edited:
I've given up trying to comprehend my meatbag driver. He can't control a 200hp Dome-Zero if his life depended on it (seriously, he couldn't take 1 corner without spinning out). Same experience level, drives my seriously upgraded (he's driving it currently so I don't know it's power rating) GT350R 100% flawlessly... ON THE SAME DAMN TRACK.

Was he "hot"? I also had the same problem with the drivers constantly drifting (and sometimes spinning) the Dome Zero around those hairpins on Tsukuba. They went around more gently once the "hot-cool" meter was around the middle. That's critical; keep them around the middle of the meter and they probably won't make mistakes.

Trying to get gold on the Nurburgring Sector 2 in the 300 SL will kill me. 2:22.12 is the best I can get, and even that is hard to match.

I was watching this video....

and it got me thinking.....The Special Stage Route 7 is suppose to be some what of a recreation from Bayshore Route which of course features in the anime Wangan Midnight.
Then we have the "Toyota Trueno (AE86) Shuichi Shigeno Version" which is a tribute for the anime Initial D.

Now this is pretty much fine but then I remembered the addition of Karts. So could the addition of Karts be a heads up to the anime Capeta?

Now yes this probably don't mean much other than maybe for the fact that Kazunori Yamauchi is an anime fan :p But I found it sort of cool that all 3 famous racing anime has influenced GT in various forms....:mrgreen:

yea the japanese have been racing bayshore since late 80`s at least. i have a street racing dvd that features that highway. its where the Japanese speed freaks go.

yamauchi may well be a fan of the show`s/manga (im sure he is) but the series's are too popular not to throw in references. im still waiting for akina touge though. (i found the actual road a year or so back but cant remember where it is exactly since the mountain isent actually called "akina" or at least not any more)

edit i found it. its "mt Haruna" thats akina.

Last edited:
Was he "hot"? I also had the same problem with the drivers constantly drifting (and sometimes spinning) the Dome Zero around those hairpins on Tsukuba. They went around more gently once the "hot-cool" meter was around the middle. That's critical; keep them around the middle of the meter and they probably won't make mistakes.

Nope, both times right smack in the middle (I keep him there when his car isn't stupidly overpowered lol)

In the extreme events on some races, the AI pits and switches drivers and I guess because it's a high level they level up quicker.

I just realised the AI does more laps than I did and he pits and does everything by himself. So you can leave him running.

In the extreme events on some races, the AI pits and switches drivers and I guess because it's a high level they level up quicker.

I just realised the AI does more laps than I did and he pits and does everything by himself. So you can leave him running.

Nice! My latest driver just jumped from 0 to 5 in a single race but of course the gap between those levels is smaller. Trying to bring some of the underdogs up as quickly as possible so they can all grind for me.

The Lamborghini challenge is NOT easy in B-spec mostly because that Rome track hardly has any opportunities for overtaking and the AI drivers are too scared to squeeze by if there is just enough space between the car in the way and the wall.

BTW, I got the Looney Toon trophey for upgrading my Gallardo...:p

I won the Like the Wind Challenge at Indy in the Furai just now. It took many goes to get one race where the opposition didn't PIT me or ram me off the track. t was bloody bullying, I say. I was driving along the straight and two Nissans drive up on either side and sandwich me, then one slows down and PITed me. This sort of thing happened many, many times.

Also won a prize for travelling 2000km, the ticket gave me a Ford Mk IV Race Car, it's fantastic. Finally managed to win the Classic Racing Car Championship with it.

The Lamborghini challenge is NOT easy in B-spec mostly because that Rome track hardly has any opportunities for overtaking and the AI drivers are too scared to squeeze by if there is just enough space between the car in the way and the wall.

Tell me about it, the first time he tried he ended 12th, but last time he ended 7th. So maybe he has to be a really high level?

Also won a prize for travelling 2000km, the ticket gave me a Ford Mk IV Race Car, it's fantastic. Finally managed to win the Classic Racing Car Championship with it.

It is, my B-Spec was last in the American challenge in the ZR1 RM, but in this he was 1st straight away.

He did the Formula GT last night, and he messed up once. I let him do everything, but on one track which was 37 laps and he pitted at about half-way through, but he pittted again around 35??? So ended 6th.
He did win Monaco though, which sounds stupid but I was happy he won that one, because you can't overtake and it was the race I quit in A-Spec.
Apart from the one fuck up, he can be left to fend for himself.

Is it wrong to call him a he? :p

Last edited:
God my AI is a tool on Tsukuba. 500hp Cobra and it couldn't catch a 1-series Tii BMW.

B-Spec Top Tip: This might have been mentioned, but when the track loads and you have the start/driving options etc. If the track is raining, change the tyres there. Suzuka was raining, I put him on rain tyres, the race starts and the AI is on inters and L.Duke laps them on the 3rd lap.

EDIT: WTF????
He pitted at the end of 29, on a 30 lap race. Everyone switched to racing hards in the fucking rain and everyone is spinning and is doing a 5 minute last lap on Suzuka.

Last edited:
If you are in a championship, and you have won enough points to finish first with races remaining, you can abandon the remaining races and still get gold, as well as the vehicle you'd normally unlock (I got pissed off in the last race of the nascar series and quit forgetting it was a championship and still won lol)

With each passing day I find more and more inconvenient bugs, "features" and... well lets just call them interesting design choices.

I had to keep my pegged in the red for the entire race, even in a tuned Gallardo. By the end of the race I didn't think the Gallardo was going to have bumpers on it any more.

I think I got Looney Tune for upgrading the Yaris for him.

My primary driver doesn't have this issue. He has no remorse about wrecking my cars and goes for passes when there isn't room for a bike, let alone a car

1: Have 0 level driver
2: Enter him into a stupidly high level race with a stupidly overpowered car (only YOUR B-Spec level has to be high enough to enter the race, not the drivers)
3: ????
4: Profit

I entered a level 0 guy into a lvl 12 race and he jump 2 levels from 1 win. Imagine what he'd do at a lvl 20+ race haha

Last edited: