Gran Turismo 5

I've had no problem entering low level B spec drivers in high level events, but they'll get tired very quickly and be ouclassed driving skill-wise.

The matter of racing mediums will require further investigation.....

Ok, there are absolutely racing mediums. But I just now saw:
Intermediates are for conditions where the track is wet, but not raining.
Thank you!

If you are in a championship, and you have won enough points to finish first with races remaining, you can abandon the remaining races and still get gold, as well as the vehicle you'd normally unlock (I got pissed off in the last race of the nascar series and quit forgetting it was a championship and still won lol)

I used to do that all the time in GT4 to get money.

My B Spec does fine now, I just needed to get him a Caterham, he flies around in that.

So I unlocked B-Spec endurance, and you need 4 drivers.
I've got a 25, a 14 and two 0's.

Has anyone noticed a new splash screen when they loaded up their GT5 today?
I'm seeing a CR-Z driving around a city-esque setting. I've never seen anything like that.

Could it be that they are trying to implement Kaz's idea of driving by the rules in a city?

I saw that CR-Z driving around 1 or 2 days ago.

Since almost all the prize cars have been listed, I can't wait until someone finishes the Nurburgring and Le Mans 24h races so I can see if either of them give you a Formula GT as a prize. I would feel like shit if I found (and bought) a Formula GT in the used cars section, then found out that I can win it as a prize (they cost around 5 million cr.). I would also feel like shit if I saw one, skipped it, then found out that you don't get it as a prize car; I would then have to wait for so long for it to appear again because it isn't exactly "common".

The AI in the GT All Stars really shits me. On Grand Valley, I was pushed into a wall on the straight as the race started, into a barrier, where the car did that magnetic thing and wouldn't come away. Later in the race, after making up a 20 second disadvantage due to the wall incident, I was in second place when another car pushed me off the track and spun me.

On the Nurburgring in the same series, it was more dodgem cars than a race. They pushed me off at the first corner, along with half the grid. In the next 2 minutes, they would do it three more times. I had to quit because I knew I wouldn't win the championship at that point.

The AI in the GT All Stars really shits me. On Grand Valley, I was pushed into a wall on the straight as the race started, into a barrier, where the car did that magnetic thing and wouldn't come away. Later in the race, after making up a 20 second disadvantage due to the wall incident, I was in second place when another car pushed me off the track and spun me.

On the Nurburgring in the same series, it was more dodgem cars than a race. They pushed me off at the first corner, along with half the grid. In the next 2 minutes, they would do it three more times. I had to quit because I knew I wouldn't win the championship at that point.

Which car are you using? I used my Minolta Toyota 88C and I got past everyone pretty quickly and stayed there. :p

I was using the 88C. In the Nurburgring incident, I tried to pass most of them on the outside at the first corner, and one decided that they would like to take the line I was and hit my rear wing mid corner. Once I'm past all the idiots, I'm fine, but mixing with them just makes it a pain in the arse.

You have to overtake them carefully and not too quickly, while also trying to avoid body contact.

How often do things like the 787B and the 88C appear in the used car lot? I think I've hit a wall until I can get me one of those. I've saved up enough, just need the actual car.

You get the 88C as a prize for winning the "Like The Wind" challenge in A-spec extreme. ;)

And the 787B is in the dealership.

My B-spec driver is faster around Laguna Seca than Clarkson.

The 88C at the nurburgring is just insane (I was bored so I turbo'd it and ran it around again.. wow.. just.. wow)

Last edited:
You get the 88C as a prize for winning the "Like The Wind" challenge in A-spec extreme. ;)

I managed to complete Indy with my Furai, but haven't been able to do the Daytona Road Course.
The Escudo just blows everything out of the water.

Last edited:
I managed to complete Indy with my Furai, but haven't been able to do the Daytona Road Course.
The Escudo just blows everything out of the water.

cut the last chicane it saves you 2 seconds oh and make sure you have lots of camber on your racing softs and downforce helps. you can burry the g meter easily in that car. dab of breaks turn onto grass and start breaking once you pass the apex of the chicane for the s curve.

i think i put something like 4degrees front and 3degrees rear camber

Last edited:
cut the last chicane it saves you 2 seconds oh and make sure you have lots of camber on your racing softs and downforce helps. you can burry the g meter easily in that car.

^ What he said. I maxed out the downforce and it was damn near impossible to induce wheel spin or really get the car out of position. And cutting the last chicane really helps. If done right, you hardly even need to use the brakes, if at all.