Gran Turismo 5

I've actually moved on to my Zonda R with these settings.

Aero
30F//55R

LSD
IT:5
A:12
B:5

Trans
236 (maxes out @223) (minimum)

Suspension
RH:-30F//-30R
SR:18.0F//18.0R
D(E):7F//3R
D(C):5F//1R
ARB:2F//4R

Wheel Align
CA:1.4F//0R
TA:-0.15F/1.00R

Brakes
5F//5R

Its working quite nicely, I can get to 2nd, but the leader always outruns me by 4 seconds a lap. And by the end of the 4th lap, the tires are so shitty, I can't take any turn at any speed.

Last edited:
I won Daytona pretty easily with the Furai. The Escudo was the least of my troubles, that bloody Pescarlo was always on my bumper though. I did it with default aero and suspension, with racing soft tyres.

Does anyone elses B-spec driver drive like an absolute nonce in the Japanese Classics race? I've never seen him drive so badly. He managed to walk Suzuka, winning by a 15 sec margin, but put him on Tsukuba and its a very different story. He spins on nearly every corner, and at one point, stopped in the middle of the hairpin, and started reversing, and didn't move off until the last car went by. And things aren't much better at Grand Valley.

Fuck NASCAR and fuck everything about the AI's only move being to PIT you every chance they get.

Fuck NASCAR and fuck everything about the AI's only move being to PIT you every chance they get.

I noticed that too. And its impossible to pit them. I've noticed just about every AI car seems to weigh its size in concrete. The only car I've manage to pull a successful pit maneuver on Miata with my Challenger.
But seriously... those NASCAR races, I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one that comes out spinning out of those wrecks.

I found Daytona easy to win using the veyron.

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought of using the Veyron, but dismissed the idea because I thought it would be too heavy.

Also, won a historical rally car. What makes a '85 Nissan 240RS more historical than an '85 Lancia Delta. I see it as the opposite.

And my "modern muscle car"... anyone want to venture a guess what I got?
I got an SRT4 Neon.... as a muscle car prize

Last edited:
Yeah, the AI pitting in NASCAR is really annoying, but I was once pitted TWICE in the same 6-lap (I think) race and still won! :D

Both times I spun around once, doing a 360, and simply got back in a straight line and kept going! :lol: I don't know if that was luck or just pure skill on my part (probably luck...:p).

Last edited:
Is there a way to stop the ****ing B Spec guy from slamming on the brakes at the Daytona oval? I've lost I dont know how many races because of that. I had a fully loaded Murcielago SV lose to an S2000 earlier because of that :mad:

Last edited:
So I unlocked B-Spec endurance, and you need 4 drivers.
I've got a 25, a 14 and two 0's.

They've done 4 races together and are now at 26, 21, 18, 20.
I left them running through the night with the Tsukuba 4 hour MX5 event, I woke up and they lost by 2 laps. But something went wrong, because my first 2 AI guys didn't race in the event.

People worried about leaving their PS3's on for ages, mines been running GT5 for about 32 hours non-stop and it's fine.

Last edited:
Does anyone elses B-spec driver drive like an absolute nonce in the Japanese Classics race? I've never seen him drive so badly. He managed to walk Suzuka, winning by a 15 sec margin, but put him on Tsukuba and its a very different story. He spins on nearly every corner, and at one point, stopped in the middle of the hairpin, and started reversing, and didn't move off until the last car went by. And things aren't much better at Grand Valley.

God yes. I skipped it and moved on, tried it again several levels later, in a more powerful car, and he was fine.... *shrug*

They've done 4 races together and are now at 26, 21, 18, 20.
I left them running through the night with the Tsukuba 4 hour MX5 event, I woke up and they lost by 2 laps. But something went wrong, because my first 2 AI guys didn't race in the event.

People worried about leaving their PS3's on for ages, mines been running GT5 for about 32 hours non-stop and it's fine.

My consoles are known to have uptimes of weeks. I ran GT4 for at least a week on my PS3 a while back for a 1000 mile enduro.

I am starting to like the B-spec part of the game. I can make him grind for money and cars and I can sit back and watch football with picture-in-picture on my tv! :lol:

IMG_1395.jpg

How often do things like the 787B and the 88C appear in the used car lot? I think I've hit a wall until I can get me one of those. I've saved up enough, just need the actual car.

Just enter and exit races to refresh the used cars list. I did this when I was stuck and found a TS020 for under 3 mil. I've also seen 905 for 3,9 mil and a Courace C60 for 3,8. Sure you can get a 908 for 4 and a 787B for 5,2 from the dealership. It doesn't really matter which one you get, I'm sure any prototype is fast enough for GT all stars, like the wind etc.

Left mine running today and kicked off a B-Spec race (sadly not endurance yet) while I went to the real track in the real car today. Been kicking off a race every night just before I got to bed as well - no sense sitting there waiting.

Mine has been on for at least 48 hours, probably longer since I ran B-Spec all weekend while I did other stuff around the house. No issues here either but I do back it up at least once every 24 hours and after every @#$%!! of an A-Spec race.

Last edited:
My consoles are known to have uptimes of weeks. I ran GT4 for at least a week on my PS3 a while back for a 1000 mile enduro.

People daisy chain ps3's together and run them as super computers, I don't know where all this unreliability talk originated from, but it doesn't make sense to me.

I have ran my PS3 for days on end before with no problem. I bought mine in March 2008 so it is coming up on its third year.

However, that is not to say the game has bugs that make it crash. I have had the game crash 3 times already and lock up my PS3. Just now I was doing a B Spec race for the Historic race car one at Cote d'Azur and on the 7th lap going down the second long straight the game just freezes. I ended up having to hold down the power button to get the PS3 to restart. (I've never had to actually kill it with the rocker switch though, which can actually harm the hard drive)

Needless to say I was level 22 but when I started the game again I was back to only halfway through level 21. I had just been running the same race over and over without going back to the career menu and if you do not go back to the career menu the game will not save your progress.

The only other game to lock up my PS3 was GTA4. I never had a problem even with Assassin's Creed 1 and that game was known to have taken out several people's PS3s.

I'm still waiting for SSD to come down a little more in price to replace out my PS3 80gb drive with a bigger one. The hard drive is typically the first item in a computer system to die as it is (other than the dvd drive) the only thing with moving mechanical parts.

I just wish Sony made it easier to make a complete backup of the drive, and allow it to backup copy protected files as well.

Last edited:
B-Spec endurance pit strategy, I set it to 10% and they pit when their strength goes to 10%.
The problem i had last night, was it was set to 0 and the guy just kept going round and round, and he got tired and just lost time.

I just wish Sony made it easier to make a complete backup of the drive, and allow it to backup copy protected files as well.

I've had one complete crash and several glitchy hangs where it's come back. My understanding was that the full backup from the XMB got the copy protected game saves as well but that you could only restore to the same PS3. My PS3 is pretty new, so I'm more concerned with a corrupt file at the moment.

I've seen some chatter that game save backups is supposed to hit in an update later this month. Of course, I've also seen a film of sasquatch and photos of the Loch Ness monster, so...

I am starting to like the B-spec part of the game. I can make him grind for money and cars and I can sit back and watch football with picture-in-picture on my tv! :lol:

Wow I have to try that.

After driving one for the IA license, I just had to buy a Murcielago Superveloce. God damn it's so much fun, and I've had so many different races to drive it in (it worked out great for the GT World Championship). Sweet pics to come later in the pics thread.

Now I pose a question to all.

Is it just me, or is it sometimes hard to bring yourself to modifying certain cars. My first car was a miata and I tuned it quite a bit. But recently I bought a Z4 M Coupe, and my Superveloce, and the thought of modifying them is just hard. I haven't even brought myself to doing aero addons to the Lambo. It almost feels like blasphemy to touch them. Thoughts?

Eh, I only feel like it's sacrilegious to fiddle with classics like the E-Types, 300SL, Miuras, 250 GTOs, etc. I didn't really want to do aero-tuning on my Elise, but I had to as I had problems with oversteer. It looks silly, but I've embraced it-especially now that it wears yellow wheels :p

Is it just me, or is it sometimes hard to bring yourself to modifying certain cars. My first car was a miata and I tuned it quite a bit. But recently I bought a Z4 M Coupe, and my Superveloce, and the thought of modifying them is just hard. I haven't even brought myself to doing aero addons to the Lambo. It almost feels like blasphemy to touch them. Thoughts?

Funny you should mention this because I'm pretty much the exact opposite of you. I always target the best cars when I'm looking for something to build up, lol