Gran Turismo 5

I hate how you have to grind in B-spec. I'm doing the Indy 500 for the 3rd time, and I'm still 2 levels away from the next race. Hell, to get this far, I had to do every enduro at least 4 times each but they were all one level apart. I've done all the previous races (most more than once too) so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Theres no way PD made this game so repetitive that you have to do races 5 times before advancing.

Luckily, my drivers have got to the point where I can turn it on, and leave while it races, but still its annoying that I have to spend all day doing the same race.

EDIT: just got this unpleasant reply on GTPlanet.

Yes, there's no way around "grinding" in B-spec. In A-spec, there's License, Special and Seasonal Event for you to Level up but there's none of that for B-spec.
Just wait until you get to Level 35-40 (FYI, you need to do the 24 Hrs of Le Mans 12 times)

Really?
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2011/01/08/wtf-is-this-shit-piccard.jpg

Last edited:
[video=youtube;vBNJ-h94MrA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBNJ-h94MrA[/video]

Never again.

I want to know the song name :lol:.

Does anyone have an extra X1 I can borrow for these insanely long B-Spec grinding sessions?

Just got back from my vacation. It's nice to see that they are adding new seasonal events. Does anyone know the prizes for the time trials from the first round of seasonal events (the ones that expired on January 5th).

Just got back from my vacation. It's nice to see that they are adding new seasonal events. Does anyone know the prizes for the time trials from the first round of seasonal events (the ones that expired on January 5th).

I don't think the time and drift trials have prizes. Only the bonus races.

Sweet thanks dj.TAKA.

I don't think the time and drift trials have prizes. Only the bonus races.

That must suck for the leader and even the top 100 because they were probably expecting some kind of prize.

Is there anyway of sharing/uploading a replay without taking it off a camera? I have an epic bit of driving from my B-spec driver I want to share, but unfortunately the only device I have thats capable of video capture is my 1.3MP laptop webcam.

Is there anyway of sharing/uploading a replay without taking it off a camera? I have an epic bit of driving from my B-spec driver I want to share, but unfortunately the only device I have thats capable of video capture is my 1.3MP laptop webcam.
No. There was supposed to be a direct Youtube upload function in the game, but it was taken out due to excessive video rendering times.

Got to level 30 and BLOODY HELL the X1 is a tricky thing. Became I'm doing it with a DS3 and not a wheel a Bronze is the only one I can realistically get. Managed Nurburgring eventually, and Monza was a breeze in comparison. Suzuka though... 30+ tries already and I've not managed to cross the finish line at the end of the second lap, managed one lap fine, but can't put the second one in. On top of that it's difficult to get the same line twice.

I'm starting to regret my decision to try and get it in A-Spec before I go back up to Uni at the end of this week, should have just made my B-Spec get it, but it takes so long to do anything with them... hmmm

With controller I tried the X1 once, 45 seconds behind the bronze time I gave up.

its just crazy how when you try to get gold in the higher levels, you must use a driving/steering wheel. i haven't got GT5 yet, waiting to see if my friend managed to get a specific area version for me, but playing GT5P with the DS3, the frustration you get from not being able to get gold and being stuck at a certain point is definitely the same.

i was just trying out the GTR challenge in GT5P from the Nissan dealership, can't get any higher than 6th with the ds3. or maybe its my driving style causing problems.

It is kinda twisted that to be able to realistically get a Carbon X1 you need a wheel since there isn't a hope in hell that anyone with a DS3 can get any higher than silver, even bronze is a push for the average racer. In GT4, i was less than half a percent to getting 100 and I'm putting that down to possibly outperforming myself/the controller.

I gave myself one hour to finish Suzuka this morning and with 10 minutes left, I got in 0.045 under the bronze time so I'm chuffed to bits that I got an X1 now. Had a quick blast round Le Mans and put it to work in B-Spec. Once he's finished Laguna Seca 200 Miles, might go on a shopping spree as I have ~16M Cr going spare. :D

How stupid it is to spend 365,000 to race modify a Corvette ZR1 only to find out that it still needs an exhaust manifold, catalyst and a few other silly things?
Also, I hate NASCAR. Fuck you, Jeff Gordon.