Gran Turismo 5

Just started playing a few days ago. I hate that they took out the 3x speed for B Spec, and my B spec driver really sucks. I give him fully tuned cars that I can beat the AI with 20+ seconds, and he barely wins the race. I find him spinning out a lot with an FR, he does a lot better with an FF car (haven't tried awd yet). I guess they don't want you do use B Spec to grind for money earlier on. Oh well, once I'm able to afford some better cars, then I'll use him to grind for money.

My B-spec idiot has difficulties with the corners on street courses.

I thought it would be a good idea to take the Minolta to the GT Allstars but that thing just can't be taking to its edge. I just spin it when coming out of the corner lol.

Just started playing a few days ago. I hate that they took out the 3x speed for B Spec, and my B spec driver really sucks. I give him fully tuned cars that I can beat the AI with 20+ seconds, and he barely wins the race. I find him spinning out a lot with an FR, he does a lot better with an FF car (haven't tried awd yet). I guess they don't want you do use B Spec to grind for money earlier on. Oh well, once I'm able to afford some better cars, then I'll use him to grind for money.

Low-level B-Spec drivers are shit.
They ony star getting any good around Lvl.15

Try giving him a slightly slower car.

My 24h du Mans is now in its 19th hour. I'm looking at the leaderboard, and noticed that the Audi R8 is 5 laps ahead of the Audi R10. And the Peugeot race cars are ahead of both Audis. How does that work?

My 24h du Mans is now in its 19th hour. I'm looking at the leaderboard, and noticed that the Audi R8 is 5 laps ahead of the Audi R10. And the Peugeot race cars are ahead of both Audis. How does that work?

I've wondered if the diesel gets better MPG. :D

R8 ahead of R10 doesn't work in real life. :lol: Peugeot ahead of Audi though? That does work. :p

I've wondered if the diesel gets better MPG. :D

It does generally, but because of that it's been given smaller fuel tanks by the rule makers.

Last edited:
Peugeot ahead of Audi though? That does work. :p

Yeah? Team Audi 2010, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003 (ignoring Bentley), 2002, 2001, etc... :p

Yeah? Team Audi 2010, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003 (ignoring Bentley), 2002, 2001, etc... :p

2009 then? :p And 2010 on pace had it not been for those meddling conrods. :lol: (No, I'm not bitter, but the #2 Peugeot was two and a half laps in the lead, and cruising comparative to its potential pace, when it gave up the ghost)

P.S. The Frenchies' diesel project only started in '07. :p

Last edited:
All the cars in the game have the same sized fuel tanks and the difference between diesel and petrol MPG seem negligible as well.

I've noticed literally countless times I've seen cars performing in ways that defy real life by a huge amount. Even in Prologue the GTR would keep ahead of Enzo's on Nascar tracks and other situations that never made sense.

CPU Veyrons are no faster than other supercars on straightaways and so on...

I only have real respect for the driving realism when I'm the only one racing. Partly because of the horrendous AI issues as well.

so far I have the same opinion on the game as many others, unbelievably dissapointing but still hard to stop playing.

Level 21 unlocks the Nascar race, but level 22 unlocks Nascars. That about sums up the entire game.

New seasonal events should be up in a few hours. Hopefully they have some sort of restrictions.

New seasonal events should be up in a few hours. Hopefully they have some sort of restrictions.
5th one already? Thought the 4th ones just came out and they didn't have restrictions.

Damn lost power for a second yesterday, had to restart my 24hr of Sarthe.

I've noticed literally countless times I've seen cars performing in ways that defy real life by a huge amount. Even in Prologue the GTR would keep ahead of Enzo's on Nascar tracks and other situations that never made sense.

CPU Veyrons are no faster than other supercars on straightaways and so on...

I only have real respect for the driving realism when I'm the only one racing. Partly because of the horrendous AI issues as well.

so far I have the same opinion on the game as many others, unbelievably dissapointing but still hard to stop playing.

Level 21 unlocks the Nascar race, but level 22 unlocks Nascars. That about sums up the entire game.

I noticed this too. I was driving a fully tuned NSX-R (around 480hp), and the Lambos and Enzo in the race is not catching up to me in the straights. I don't think it's an physics issue though, I think it's just bad AI programing.

I've tried most of the Ferraris and most of the Lambos. In my opinion, they all suck. None of them sound as they should. Which is very disappointing.

edit: Exclude the F40 from this, it is awesome.

I've tried most of the Ferraris and most of the Lambos. In my opinion, they all suck. None of them sound as they should. Which is very disappointing.

edit: Exclude the F40 from this, it is awesome.

F40 is good and I like the 430 Scuderia. But I dont think most of them drive the way they actually do. Considering I've driven a few of them pretty hard, they certainly don't seem to act like they do in the game. Guess it is a game afterall lol.