Gran Turismo 5

GTP has a pretty extensive thread and the conclusion they've come up with is the UCD order is the same for everyone, its random where on the list you start though. From what I've seen, it's true. Their list matches mine day by day exactly.

Well I've made up my mind. I do not like GT5 as a game. There is way too much evidence of stupid decision making. It cripples what could have been, in my opinion, the greatest video game ever made. I have almost no desire to play the game outside of taking a good premium car (of which there are precious few) to a good track (also severely lacking) I'll make an effort to unlock the Nurburgring 4 hour race when I get time. But I have no desire to do anything else really. I am sad. I wanted to love the game...and I cannot.

GTP has a pretty extensive thread and the conclusion they've come up with is the UCD order is the same for everyone, its random where on the list you start though. From what I've seen, it's true. Their list matches mine day by day exactly.

I tried one list from there, and it was never right.

Ok, my plan failed. I picked the worse car i've got which is a 2CV.
6 tries
3 race cars.

I've noticed it. I have three accounts and am completing the Seasonal events. After each event, the cars in the UCD are almost all the same, I thought it had to do with the race...

-Robert

No, when you look at the game file in the save data folder, it says the days which indicates the cycle through the UCD.

Workaround: pull the power plug. Works on the DFP. The wheel still works because it's connected via USB, but the force feedback motors have no power anymore. Give it a shot!

argh, tried it last night. The trick worked, but made the handling even worse : (

Now I have no turn-in feel from the front wheels.

No, when you look at the game file in the save data folder, it says the days which indicates the cycle through the UCD.

No, from what I read on GTP, there's a master cycle. What day you're on your own game does nothing to decipher where you're at on the master list.

-Robert

No, from what I read on GTP, there's a master cycle. What day you're on your own game does nothing to decipher where you're at on the master list.

-Robert

The list is the same for everyone, but where you start is randomized. Some people might start half way down the master list, others might start 2 cycles into it.

argh, tried it last night. The trick worked, but made the handling even worse : (

Now I have no turn-in feel from the front wheels.

Well, that's what force-feedback does..... I played the game a lot yesterday and I'm starting to realize just how much it adds to the game, even with my shitty old broken wheel. You can feel the exact moment the car loses grip and starts to slide, you can tell by the steering resistance whether your front wheels have traction...

And so, by the end of the day I should have my G25 :D

I'm also finally starting to figure out suspension tuning, I actually think I made a significant improvement on my 340 HP NC Miata.

Well I've made up my mind. I do not like GT5 as a game. There is way too much evidence of stupid decision making. It cripples what could have been, in my opinion, the greatest video game ever made. I have almost no desire to play the game outside of taking a good premium car (of which there are precious few) to a good track (also severely lacking) I'll make an effort to unlock the Nurburgring 4 hour race when I get time. But I have no desire to do anything else really. I am sad. I wanted to love the game...and I cannot.
No doubt about the stupid decision making. I mean, a kubelwagen is a premium car ... and a '70 Chevelle, or a sileighty, or so many other much more deserving vehicles aren't? That frustrates me to no end. I've got lots of smaller gripes too, but overall I still think it's a fantastic game.

And sticking my perpetually angry, level 5, French B-Spec driver in a 450hp, 1250kg '69 Camaro (on hard sports tires) is just hilarious.

Some updates are supposed to make more cars premium, though I haven't seen any of that yet. But it should help if it does happen.

No doubt about the stupid decision making. I mean, a kubelwagen is a premium car ... and a '70 Chevelle, or a sileighty, or so many other much more deserving vehicles aren't? That frustrates me to no end. I've got lots of smaller gripes too, but overall I still think it's a fantastic game.

And sticking my perpetually angry, level 5, French B-Spec driver in a 450hp, 1250kg '69 Camaro (on hard sports tires) is just hilarious.

I love having stupid shit like the Kubelwagen premium, naturally mine has a big turbo and makes 108 HP :lol:

But I agree that many more cars need to be premium. Like, all of them. Yeah, that would be nice. And I also agree that what is premium vs. what isn't doesn't make a lot of sense.

I don't mind not having an interior view on non-premium cars, but not letting me change wheels and take the car to photo travel is bs.

I don't mind not having an interior view on non-premium cars, but not letting me change wheels and take the car to photo travel is bs.

THIS. A million times.

I love having stupid shit like the Kubelwagen premium, naturally mine has a big turbo and makes 108 HP :lol:.

So does mine. It's also i-Miev-pink. I love doing stupid mods to silly cars. Like my 230hp Ka, 286hp 240 Estate, or my 300hp Barchetta.

But I agree that many more cars need to be premium. Like, all of them. Yeah, that would be nice. And I also agree that what is premium vs. what isn't doesn't make a lot of sense.

Premium cars are much more detailed than Standard ones.

Last edited:
Photo travel, don't use it, don't care. Rims would be nice. But the interior view is huge for me, tons of games used to have it in the 90s, but it disappeared for years, finally making a resurgence now. I've always loved it.

So which wheel do I need to get for this?

I think a G25 is probably out of my price range, but looking on game.co.uk as a prelim look at whats available theres a Logitech Driving Force GT and a Driving Force Pro. Which is the better one?

Mechanically they are pretty close, but I think the Driving Force GT makes more sense since it has the extra controls for GT5 and is the newer model. DFP still works fine though.

Yep. DFGT is the way to go. It has pretty much the same-looking base and gear stick as the DFP, but the actual wheel is an inch larger in diameter (doesn't sound like much, but it does make a difference) and has a lot more buttons (it even has a horn button where the "GT" logo is, which is quite nice :D).