Gran Turismo 5

I have the money, but refuse to waste it on a car you can't really use.
Online rooms, I believe you can have either F1 or not F1... not together. <_<

Ou yea, in an act of impulse spending, I bought a PS3/GT5 bundle that got delivered today. Unfortunately I do not have internet at home yet, does anyone know if I need internet to set it up?

^
No you'll be fine. The only thing you won't have is the patches, which unlocks bad mechanical damage... no big deal.

I was planning on buying a F2007 as soon as possible anyway, but I was counting on big payouts from this serie to afford one. Now I'm 4 million short (or 2 million short for a F2010), and kinda screwed.

Ou yea, in an act of impulse spending, I bought a PS3/GT5 bundle that got delivered today. Unfortunately I do not have internet at home yet, does anyone know if I need internet to set it up?

You don't need it, there haven't been any huge offline changes in the patches as far as I know. But it's still better to get online if you can.

Can?t you take the PS3 to someone?s home just to download the updates?

Agree with the ouch of needing to buy a Ferrari F1 car (10 or 12M credits) to win like 60k credits with it.

Sucks too when you only have 5 million credits, and no desire to play the grinding game. At least with the old payouts, you could always 'break even' and then some when you have to buy a specific car.

B-spec is the easy grinding though. Its hard for me to want to grind in A-spec. Have 2-3 Enduro races available to me in A-spec, but hard to want to sit there for 4hr+.

Even it was restricted to 200, 300, 400 HP it would be a joke. I used a 133 HP Cappucino RM and won the FR challenge by over 30 seconds.

I just won the first race of the 300hp FR challenge in a 95hp RM Cappuccino :lol:

For Suzuka I had to add a stage 3 turbo to bring the hp up to 115 to win.

Should have removed the turbo for Cape Ring, I slaughtered the opposition :lol:

That car is so much fun.

Last edited:
I ended up using a 600 HP Tacoma, even came in second once because I couldn't keep control of it. Still two races to go though.

Uh oh!
GTPlanet said:
Over the past few weeks, many Gran Turismo 5 players around the web have reported a very serious bug in the game?s save file: once it reaches 4165KB in size, it can no longer be used. When the game attempts to load the file, the following (somewhat misleading) PS3 error message will be displayed:

?Insufficient free space on hard disk drive (HDD). At least 32MB required. Please exit the game and free up some space. 0?00000015 [217]?

As of writing, it is unknown if there is any way to get around this error message, reduce the file?s size, or recover your data.

Full story here: http://www.gtplanet.net/this-gran-turismo-5-bug-can-kill-your-game/

Last edited:
Seriously, this the icing on the shitcake.
What a disaster.

Last edited:
Yamauchi confirmed in his latest tweets that there will be an update on 18th of February, and that they will fix the non-configurable fully configurable tranny as well as the save file size bug. Whether both of that will be in this update I don't know, but it seems they are aware of it.

Not that I'd defend this rotten piece of software, just a heads up.

Last edited:
I hope they've also fix the bug they introduced in 1.05 that remove the ability to adjust traction control and stability control during the races.