Gran Turismo 5

I hope it has every single track from earlier GTs that were missing from GT5. I would also more English tracks like Brands Hatch, Silverstone, Donington Park, etc. I think the last game I played that had Brands Hatch in it was TOCA Race Driver 3. I really miss that track. :(

I forget who it was, but someone here drove around New York.
I liked El Capitan.

El Capitan, Amalfi, and Citta Di Aria were all incredible tracks.

I could live without El Capitan, it seems like its primary goal is to induce understeer

With the right car, El Capitan was awesome. The weight transfer in the final right-hander-crest-left-hander was awesome if you got it right. It was a track on which you were quick if you knew how to handle it, you had to drive differently than what the track looked like.

Betcha Infineon will be one of them. Remember those development screens that showed reference materials folders? Must have been some DLC content in there because we didn't get a few of those tracks.

No love for Brands Hatch? :(

+1 for Brands.

Cadwell Park would be sick too. Gorgeous track that would look amazing in GT5.

Hang on a second... I thought it was weird how they announced it only a few days ago, with a release this week.

Spec 2.0 11th October.
Forza 4 11th October for US.

Anybody else expecting a rushed, broken, needs patching 2.0?

Not necessarily. A scenario I deem possible is that they simply kept working on all the things (no meme intended) and put everything they managed to get ready until the 11th into spec 2.0. What I do expect however are typical PD solutions: things that sound great on paper and that the community has been begging for, but which they managed to screw up in a totally weird way noone dared to think of.

Last edited:
Spoilers!!!

In the F1 Japan Grand Prix final today, Sebastian Vettel became the 2011 F1 series world champion. To celebrate this occasion, we have started two special campaigns in Gran Turismo 5. Both campaigns are only offered for a limited time (1 week).

Special Online Event
We will be hosting a time trial on the Suzuka Circuit, using the Red Bull X2010 S.Vettel. Try driving the ?fastest racing car on earth, free of any and all regulations?, on the same Japan Grand Prix final course where Sebastian Vettel became series champion.

The prize for winning this race is an incredible 5 million credits. And because this is a champion celebration event the difficulty for the Gold time target has been set lower than usual, making this a great opportunity for everyone to win a huge prize.

Red Bull X2010 S. Vettel Giveaway
Everyone who logs onto Gran Turismo 5 during the campaign will receive the Red Bull X2010 S.Vettel in the game.

Celebrate this historic birth of the new king of racing by adding GT5?s ultimate dream car, the Red Bull 2010 to your own garage.

*The logon deadline for receiving the present is October 16, 2011 at 20pm EST.

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d6002.html

Just incase nobody knows about the race yet

ITS THE FUCKING NORMAL X1 <_< I think you see Vettel in the car when you get the ticket.

Last edited:
Just incase nobody knows about the race yet

ITS THE FUCKING NORMAL X1 <_< I think you see Vettel in the car when you get the ticket.
What do you mean by normal? Seems like its the same as the one in the specials to me.

He says that it is the one with the standard livery that you can buy in the dealership or win by obtaining bronze in the vettel challenge. Winning either silver and or gold in the vettel challenge will get the car in 2 special liveries.

Last edited:
Mine has the Redbull livery. And that doesn't seem to be available in the dealership.

Fuck me, the easiest gold in the history of the world.
Yeah, I was surprised at that too. The first lap that I managed to keep it on the road was all it took.

Well, at least I have something to run B-Spec endurances now. Let's see how long the indy 500 takes...