Gran Turismo 5

I don't, what happened?

I think he cancelled his card and ordered a new one, but had issues doing so.

18:10 I'm 33 laps ahead, still think I have around a 2 hour window to leave the game running.

Be careful with saving during races.

This what just happened to me. I was like 50 minutes till the end of 9h at Tsukuba and saved the game. After resume car was going to fast so got out from the pit entry. I thought "ok one more lap and then I'll pit" but it turned out that I don't control the car. It's going around by itself - without any petrol and tyres (at v-max 79 km/h). Now with 28 minutes till the end I'm (or rather my car is) 8 laps ahead so it will be close, but probably not enough. If I loose 1st place then I'll turn off GT5 and try to load it once again.

edit:
I turned off GT5 started again and it was the same. :(

Looks it's known issue - http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo/Tsukuba-save/td-p/13800747
Sadly I lost over 8h.

Last edited:
Be careful with saving during races.

This what just happened to me. I was like 50 minutes till the end of 9h at Tsukuba and saved the game. After resume car was going to fast so got out from the pit entry. I thought "ok one more lap and then I'll pit" but it turned out that I don't control the car. It's going around by itself - without any petrol and tyres (at v-max 79 km/h). Now with 28 minutes till the end I'm (or rather my car is) 8 laps ahead so it will be close, but probably not enough. If I loose 1st place then I'll turn off GT5 and try to load it once again.

edit:
I turned off GT5 started again and it was the same. :(

Looks it's known issue - http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo/Tsukuba-save/td-p/13800747
Sadly I lost over 8h.

i had the same problem :( and quit the race. I lost my will to do it again

Last edited:
I always found Tsukuba pit lane weird, you have to get into the lane way to early. If you go too late, you just drive straight through.

It seems I was "lucky" because error occurred at 5th save. :( AI-cruising to the end I finished 4th, because I used my 40 laps advantage leaving car stationary earlier. I'm not trying again before they'll fix this.

I always found Tsukuba pit lane weird, you have to get into the lane way to early. If you go too late, you just drive straight through.

If I remember this wasn't the case earlier. You could make a pit stop going through the cones. They changed this in some update. I think that's good, but took me couple tries to figure it out that I shouldn't cheat now. ;)

I think he cancelled his card and ordered a new one, but had issues doing so.

Yep. Took me about 2 months to get a new card. I hate my bank.

In the middle (2.5hrs in) of the 4hr of Nurburgring, wow I'm going to hate the 24hr race.

I'm at about 19h 20m.

My record for the cheating laptime at a chicaned La Sarthe, is 3:15 with an Enzo in the dry. At around lap 299, I did a wet cheat time in the Veyron of 3:20.
For the record the first 20 laps, I drove legally. But, I still lapped the AI... enter cheat mode.

The B-spec Indy 500 is boring. Even when you have an S.Vettel driving for you.

In a fair race?

:lol: How dare you.
This was my early driving career, so yes all fair. I was in the Toyota 88? But, I used racing softs, which die after .3 of a lap.
The pit lane is 3/4's of the track and it always fucks you.

Started the 9hr race last night, only 1/2 hr in. But I want it over, so using X1. Looks like after 6 hrs I should be up enough to let it sit for about 3 hours.

Started the 9hr race last night, only 1/2 hr in. But I want it over, so using X1. Looks like after 6 hrs I should be up enough to let it sit for about 3 hours.

When I was doing the 24h of Le Mans the first time around, I had a running calculation going in Wolfram Alpha that told me how much more time I had to race before I can park and leave it running to win.

I think it was
(Total Time)-(Number of Laps Ahead of 2nd place)*(Time elapsed)/(Number of Laps completed)-(Time elapsed)

I'm pretty sure that was the formula I used...

When I was doing the 24h of Le Mans the first time around, I had a running calculation going in Wolfram Alpha that told me how much more time I had to race before I can park and leave it running to win.

I think it was
(Total Time)-(Number of Laps Ahead of 2nd place)*(Time elapsed)/(Number of Laps completed)-(Time elapsed)

I'm pretty sure that was the formula I used...

This is what i need, but don't you need to know the AI laptime? I'm doing 3:30's, no idea what they're doing.

This is what i need, but don't you need to know the AI laptime? I'm doing 3:30's, no idea what they're doing.

That's were the number of laps ahead part comes in. It takes into account their average lap time.

Also, fuck SCEA. Paid for the DLC. Got nothing. Everyone's complaining here > http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=229307&page=25
I know we will get what we paid for, but wow Sony, super unprofessional.

EDIT: Seems to be fixed, but I'm in class. We'll see when I get back.

Last edited:
ok can someone work it out please?

total so far 20:41
laps ahead 39
laps done 331

The DLC has been fixed, for those who don't really look at gtplanet. It took about 2 hours to do so... So if you bought it, it should appear when you go into GT5 and click on the DLC button on the far right. There are some that complained about purchasing the DLC twice, however it can be solved by calling the Playstation customer service and they will refund your money. So many people freaking out on gtplanet...it was ridiculous. X_X